Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thank you............

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes.

We had a tough day today getting some of the arrangements taken care of. I'll post more details Friday evening after we talk to our pastor but at this point- it looks like Sunday December 5th we will be having a celebration of life service-time to be determined.

I can share this, as per my fathers request-there will be no viewing or a traditional funeral. After his usable organs and corneas have been harvested, he will be cremated and sometime in the future, we will be traveling to Ireland to spread his ashes.

Just have to say thank you to my Aunt Betty who is staying over for a few weeks to help my mom get through this difficult time.

Everyone should have an Aunt Betty...she is without a doubt the toughest, wisest, strongest person I know and there is no way my mom could get through this difficult time without her. Aunt Betty is a rock and I love her as much as I love my own mom.

Having said that, my wife (who my mom considers as a daughter) and our son Daniel have been wonderful these past two days. Not sure how or why God decided I deserve such a wonderful woman be to be my wife, but I couldn't ask for a smarter, wiser, stronger beautiful woman to share my life with.

Our son has been right next his grandmother for the past 24 hours...he's 17 but he's been a man the last couple days. I guess my wife and I can take some credit for how wonderful and caring he is, but at the end of the day- he's taken it on his own to provide my mom with an arm to lean on. I am very proud of my son and sometimes life deals us some tough lessons on the way to manhood, he's proven himself to be up to the challenge of becoming a man.

Even in death.....I couldn't ask for a better family.

till later.

No comments: