Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Music and Airplanes

I listen to all kinds of music. Anything and everything.

Except some of the newer hip-hop and rap because I really don't consider alot of that stuff music cause ain't nobody singing.

I was listening to the Joey Reynold show at work last night and Joey was interviewing Henry Mancini's daughter. She is quite a singer and it turns out she has a new CD with quite a few of her fathers standards on it.

Awesome stuff. It's called "Ultimate Mancini"

My next door neighbor is a pilot for American Airlines. He stops in at work from time to time on his way home from evening flights. He was telling me some of the horror stories about flying over the holidays. I am so glad I don't have to fly for my job or commute a very long distance.

I consider my neighbor very knowledgable concerning the state of the airline industry and when he says the whole industry is in for a wake up call in the next 10 years-I believe him. I also wouldn't want his job for a million bucks. If I have a bad day at work-I might burn a few donuts. If he has a bad day.......well, we'll all read about it on the front page of the paper. Lots of stress.

He has a real Harley chopper but I was telling him about my new Kona chopper, he seemed pretty jazzed about it, maybe he'll take it for a spin when I get it.

It's kind of hard to believe that Wal-Mart sells this book.

This is funny as hell. I linked page 7 because it's my favorite. Santa just got back from a bender.

Lots of funny stuff here. I like the Wal-Mart story.

This movie reviewer needs to get a fucking grip.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It's Sponge Bob for God's sake.

Maybe the reviewer of the movie coulda helped this guy instead. Ouch.

I like this guys sense of humor.

Cats are okay but I like dogs better.
We used to have to wash our dog when I was a kid and he always kinda liked it. If I had a cat and it needed washed.......... I'd probably bungee it to the roof of my van and head to the nearest car wash.

Happy " P.C. " Holidays................

Saw this and had to share.....

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of any and/or all holidays occuring before, after, during or near the the winter solstice, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2005, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only "America" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, color, creed, age, sex, physical ability, veterans status, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wished.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where taxed or prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and such warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Till later.........




No comments: