Monday, March 27, 2006

Went for a mtb ride Sunday....

Damn.......... I am out of shape.

Even with my recent weight loss, I really suck at going up any kind of hill. As an added bonus, I fell over within 50 feet of the parking lot when we started. Gotta work on the bike handling skills, I am totally rusty. I also gotta work on the bike as I tweaked the derailleur hanger when I fell over.

Whoops. Gotta stop pounding rocks back into the ground with my body.

Saw lots of trees marked for logging and checked out the results of the recent logging-it's damn ugly. I'll try to get some pics on my next ride down there. It's a shame to lose all that woodland........words can't describe how pissed I am.

Some links............

Check out these skylines.

After 3 years, yeah-I think it might be a good time to form a government. I'm sure there are lots of positive things happening in Iraq, but when random people are getting shot and blown up on a daily basis.....something has to change.

Yeah, I know I bag on George Bush and his band of misdirected merrymakers all the time......but seriously, Americans aren't going to stand for who knows how many more years of American soldiers getting killed and maimed over a mistaken invasion............

You might be a redneck if..........

Kellogg's Rice Krispies... With Beef.........yum.

The next Big One..... I'm glad I live where I live.

Obviously, the person that wrote this piece isn't married. I love my wife and there ain't no way I'd tell her she needed to lose a few pounds. She doesn't need to anyways.....

Package rage. I bought a set of earbuds that took me 5 minutes to open. Not sure what the deal is, but just about everything you buy at Sam's Club or any warehouse store is packaged like that now.

Now I know how they did the Subservient Chicken. I know they didn't have a guy in a chicken suit on a webcam 24/7 but I wasn't sure how the technology worked.....

At least I am above average half the time. The other half.........

Saw this letter to the IRS...........

Dear Internal Revenue Service.

Enclosed you will find my 2005 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes.

Please note the attached article from the USA Today newspaper dated March 3rd, wherein you will see that the Pentagon (Department of Defense) is paying $171.50 per hammer and NASA has paid $600.00 per toilet seat. I am enclosing four (4) toilet seats (valued @ $2,400) and six (6) hammers valued @ $1,029), which I secured at Home Depot, bringing my total remittance to $3,429.00.

Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the "Presidential Election Fund," as noted on my return. You can do this inexpensively by sending them one (1) 1.5" Phillips Head screw (see aforementioned article from USA Today newspaper detailing how H.U.D. pays $22.00 each for 1.5" Phillips Head Screws). One screw is enclosed for your convenience.

It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward to paying it again next year.

We usually don't owe money but it is a great idea. Well, it'd be a great idea until they knocked on your door and asked for real money.

Jesus The Musical. SFW video on a NSFW website.

Be a shithead.

Till later.....

No comments: