Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy weekend......

From Friday afternoon to Sunday evening.....I got about 9 hours of sleep.

I guess having a full time 6 nights a week job and running my own company is keeping me kinda busy. No worries though as I am loving every minute of working for myself.

Will I ever quit my regular job?

Highly unlikely.

It's a great company to work for and they have killer benefits, so I ain't going anywhere in the foreseeable future.

Some random thoughts....

-I am totally digging this cooler weather-I was out for a ride Monday morning and as far as I'm concerned...mornings that start out in the 40's and end up in the 60's are perfect riding weather. The fall colors are an added bonus.

-64 bit Windows Vista is finally mature. I set up a mid range (750 bucks) HP laptop for a client and is runs smooth. This laptop came with 4 gigs of RAM so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Heck, I liked it so much I went back to Sam's and bought one for our company. I figure it will be pretty cool to be able to loan out a laptop to some of my "A" list clients if I am working on some of their equipment. Also, hats off to our son, we set up a new system in record time this weekend....couldn't have done it without him.

-My wife makes the best potato soup in the known universe. It's the only soup I have without adding crackers because I don't want to change the flavor.

-I cut the grass for the last time this year. Some of my neighbors are really into lawn care, nothing wrong with that, it's probably great exercise but it ain't my bag.

-Watching what you eat isn't that hard if you put a little thought into it. I passed up a milkshake and greasy hamburgers last night to have some of my wife's soup for dinner. I haven't weighed myself but I know I've lost a couple pounds because my pants are quite as snug. I haven't changed how much I eat very much, just trying to put some thought into it before I stick food in my piehole.

-Arthritis sucks. Between cutting the grass and doing some light riding...my knees are a little sore. I'm not complaining because there are folks out there that have it way worse than me.

-If you are a child of the 80's...this site will be a time suck. I guarantee you'll be checking out videos and a couple of hours will go by.

I get an incredible amount of tech related e mail, spam and regular mail. I wonder if that has something to do with the amount of computers and computer related stuff I buy?

I ain't the smartest guy in the world, but where the hell is all this money coming from? If the answer is my kids and my grandkids....I say let the economy tank now and get it over with. I have a feeling those guys in D.C. are just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

This is one smart dude. I wish he woulda ran for president.

till later.

No comments: