Thursday, October 02, 2008

Saw this on a message board.........

I recently interviewed Sarah Palin.

Here’s how it went.


Me: What day is it today?


Sarah Palin: There are 7 days in a week. There are many days. We could choose from many different days.


Me: Yes, but what day is today?

Sarah Palin: Today could be one of 7 days. And I have a great appreciation for how beautifully the week is set up. I mean, our question might even be rephrased to ask if we haven’t lost sight of the bigger picture, where the day is just a small part of what constitutes a week, which would be yet another part of what is known as the month.


Me: I just want to know what day it is, specifically.


Sarah Palin: Any and all of them that have come and gone. I have always been comfortable with any and all of them. My point, however, is that it all comes back to the year. I am someone who believes that the voiceless can count on me to represent the calendar in an unbiased way, from within one of the highest offices of government. After all, I have always made myself clear, and I am not apologetic about who I am. There are 30 days in a month and 52 weeks in a year. I was born in the 20th century, and this might already be the 21st , who knows? Here, our sense of the space-time continuum has come to be challenged by those who insist they must know what day of the week we are presently at. And I think it needs to be addressed in concrete terms for the good of the American people.

Thank you.

No comments: