Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I am so glad...........

I'm so glad we don't sell wine coolers in supermarkets back in PA.....I'd be a total lush. My limit each day on vacation is 2 mixed drinks or beers or I'll get a massive headache, but damn-they have some really tasty wine coolers for sale down here.

Here's a joke my father-in-law will appreciate, since he was an engineer....

Three engineers and three accountants are traveling by train to a conference.

At the station, the three accountants each buy a ticket and watch as the three engineers only buy one ticket.
"How are three people going to travel on only one ticket?" asks an accountant.

"Watch and you'll see," answered an engineer.


They all board the train. The accountants take their respective seats but all three engineers cram into a rest room and close the door behind them.


Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, "Tickets, please!" The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand.

The conductor takes it and moves on.
The accountants see this and agree it is a clever idea. So after the conference, the accountants decide to copy the engineers on the return trip and save some money.

When they get to the station, they buy one ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the engineers don't buy a ticket at all. "How are you going to travel without a ticket?" says one perplexed accountant.

"Watch and you'll see," answered an engineer.


When they board the train all three accountants cram into a restroom and the three engineers cram into another one nearby. The train departs.


Shortly afterward, one of the engineers leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the accountants are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, "Tickets, please!"


I love it when politicians talk about energy policy.....it's fairly simple as far as I'm concerned-as long as gas cost 4 or 5 bucks a gallon-we'll try to find ways to conserve it. As soon as it drops back down to less than 3 bucks a gallon, we'll all forget about conservation and pretend things are the way they used to be.

Lets nationalize the oil companies and use the profits for nuclear plants and alternative energy....yeah, I know that sounds like a nutjob policy, I guess that's why I make donuts for a living.

Speaking of off the wall policies......Paris Hilton might be our next President.

I'm neither Republican or Democrat ...but I enjoy the heck out of Obama defending his remarks regarding tire pressure. My candidate has absolutely no chance of winning, but I'm voting for him in November instead of not voting at all.

My wife and daughter really want to wax my chest hairs......no way in hell is that ever gonna happen.

The world's most dangerous hiking trail. I've posted this before, but I still get a kick out of the pictures.

I rode about 35 miles yesterday before it got too hot out, I am totally digging the flat roads around here.....I can stick the bike in one gear and leave it there. Very little additional knee pain, so it's all good.

till later.

No comments: