Saturday, June 19, 2010

Extreme boredom has set in.............

Wow.....if this is what retirement is gonna be like- I better get some hobbies. In all seriousness, these past 2 weeks haven't really been all that much fun.

If I were to have a life of leisure like I'm currently having...I think I'd be okay as long as I could ride my bike and at least go to the mall for a walk. No-go at least for the next week, if I am going to be on my feet for more then 5 minutes, the doc said I have to use crutches.

That pretty much leaves me with my computers and my Kindle. I'm sure glad I like to read or I'm not sure what I'd do. A friend of mine suggested I read Stieg Larson.....it's a done deal-the files are on my computer in less then a minute and I I have to do is drag them into the Kindle....I love modern technology.

Stopped by work yesterday to pick up my paycheck...talked to the store manager- he said to take my time and not rush my recovery. He knows me well enough that he knows I don't play games...the second I am released to go back to work-I will be on the phone with my manager to have have put me back on the schedule.

I gotta say, he's probably one of the tougher managers I've ever worked for....but I think he's also extremely fair. I really respect that- He isn't there to win a popularity contest...he's there to run a business, make money, keep the customers happy and take care off several hundred associates.

Like him or not (I happen to like him)....you have to respect what he's accomplished in his career. He treats his career and what he does very seriously and God help you if you don't feel the same way.

It's my favorite management philosophy ....lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

till later.

No comments: