Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Emotional rollercoaster.......

When I last saw my dad Saturday afternoon.....things were looking pretty good. His color was back and he was in very good spirits considering what happened to him the day before.

Monday.....not so much. I'm not a doctor, so I'm not even going to begin to describe what tests they did on him, but it was decided that he was going to a larger hospital right now to get what turned out to be a quadruple bypass done. He was in pre-op even before my mom and I arrived at the hospital.

So far as I write this on Tuesday morning....he came through the operation as well as could be expected and is stable and resting in the Cardiac Care Unit of York Hospital.

From what the doctors have told us, he might have possibly suffered several small heart attacks in the past 10 or 15 years (he had a big one when he was 50) so he does have some prior irrecoverable damage.

Whatever, I'm more than happy to have a partially damaged dad considering my choices.....he's one stubborn old Irish guy.

till later

No comments: