Friday, December 12, 2008

My old man is pretty smart.....

Kinda funny....the older I got-the smarter my old man got.

Sure, he got smarter as he got older but as he got older....I tended to listen to him more.

The more I listened to him....the more sense he made.

My pop can squeeze a dollar until it begs for mercy and after talking to him yesterday-I decided to put off any major purchases for my consulting business until later next year.

His advice was to not to spend any money until we see how things shake out for a few months.....makes sense to me and I think I'll listen to him....like I said-he's pretty damn smart.

The economy is in the dumper and the way it looks-it ain't gonna get better anytime soon. Wow, I can't imagine companies as big as GM and Chysler going bankrupt but if they are still building cars at the quality level of my 9 year old mini-van......then they deserve to go under.

We don't buy many vehicles as we tend to drive them until they are totally wore out......my Plymouth Voyager will be the last Big 3 purchase I make. Americans can build great cars, my wife's last 3 cars have been Subaru's and all three were made right here in the good ole USA.

I think my minivan was built by this guy.

till later.

No comments: