Friday, December 05, 2008

So far.......so good.

After a few days full of ups and downs...my dad is stable and out of the critical care unit. Tentatively, he should be home early next week to begin his 6 to 8 weeks of recovery.

Considering what my pop has been through to past few days....he's in fairly good spirits...he's kinda tired and he really wants to get the heck out of the hospital.

Can't say I blame him.

He hasn't been able to shave in the past week and he's got a little bit of a beard going on....I think he oughta keep it, it makes him look like a bad-ass teddy bear:-)

We went to a class held by the hospital dietitian, very interesting stuff. Most common sense stuff, but it's really surprising how much sodium is packed into most prepared foods.

I'm not being an ass, but take a look around you next time you go out somewhere......most everyone is fat. I'd hate to see how much more overburdened our healthcare system is going to be in twenty years.

Americans need to change the way they eat...being grossly overweight is not socially acceptable.

Till later.

PS-Thanks for all the emails and comments....I really appreciate them:-)

No comments: