Monday, July 14, 2014

11 hours later..............

Holy crap, I intensely dislike inventory Mondays....it starts bright and early in the morning (2AM) every 4 weeks.

 Once a month, we count every last ingredient pretty much down to the ounce. We compare beginning inventories, ending inventories and sales and figure out how much money we made and how much shrink we had.

Obviously, I can't disclose how much money we make or what our profit margin is, but all you have to do is make too much product (shrink) 2 or 3 times in a month and you're gonna have a bad time when you go to figure out all your facts and figures. Screw up too many months in a row and you'll find yourself below the Mendoza Line.

Enough of the work shit for awhile.

In my spare time, I fix computers, I'm not really looking for any more clients, the folks I have now as clients are super nice folks. The thing about having you're own little business on the side is that you can "fire" customers that piss you off.

I've only had two or three folks that I don't return phone calls to and they all have one thing in common.......they're all cheap bastards.

I let new clients know what my price structure is and the best way to not get me to help you is to ask for a discount. Ask for a discount and my calendar instantly fills up for a month or three.

Since Windows XP went out of support earlier this year, I've had quite a few people call me and ask what to do.........most of the time, XP computers are at least 7 or 8 years old and it's gonna be too obsolete to upgrade it to Windows 7 or 8.

This has pissed off a few of my clients because I refuse to upgrade an old PC to 7 or 8 because an old PC simply runs too slow with 7 or 8. The solution to Windows XP becoming obsolete.....buy a new computer or I can put Linux on your old PC and you can learn a new operating system.

When my father-in-law bought a new laptop several years ago, I put Ubuntu on it because all his grandkids used it and it has probably saved me hours of virus repair time. You can get a virus on Ubuntu/Linux, but it's very rare.

If you've been reading the news....this story is just tragic.........go here to kick in a few bucks for a trust fund for this amazing young lady. Go ahead- you ain't gonna miss a few bucks. I'm a 54 year old guy and I know I wouldn't handle this nearly as well as she has.....sometimes strength comes in little packages.



I don't wanna be a dick, but if you think you have problems.....put them up against what this young lady has been through in the past week......and unless the rest of your family just died in a plane crash or something- you ain't having that bad of a day.

till later.

No comments: