Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pro tips for a good shopping experience........

Most folks walking this earth have never worked behind a retail counter or waited on tables or been at the beck and call of the general pubic.

Here are a few pro tips on how to get superior customer service.



-Don't use your cell phone.....if you are standing in front of my retail counter and your playing with your phone or having a conversation while trying to get my attention- I will ask you one time if I can help you. If you decline my invitation for service or ignore me- you have become for all intents and purposes...invisible.

If you at some point would like me to wait on you....put your damn phone away and make solid eye contact with me. At that time, I will ask you again if I can help you and hopefully, I will be able to help you with your purchases.

Don't be a dick.

Seriously.

Don't.

Be.

A.

Dick.

If you think you are being an asshole....you are an asshole.

If you run into one asshole in traffic on your way to work...you ran into an asshole.

If everyone is an asshole on your commute to work....you're the asshole.

If you wanna be an asshole ....sure, I'll wait on you and make sure you get whatever you asked for, but that's about it. If you are a genuinely nice person, or hell-even just be halfway human.....I will bend over backward to make sure you get exactly what you want and more.....I guarantee you that you'll walk out of my place of business with a smile on your face if you're at least a little bit nice to me.

If I screw something up and you come back and nicely explain why you aren't happy or tell me what I screwed up.....I will do everything in my power to not lose you as a customer. If I screw something up and you're a dick and loud and obnoxious, sure, you'll get your money refunded and I'll apologize for not meeting your expectations....but that's about it.  

Not a lot of rules, huh?

Be nice, don't be a dick and stay off your cellphone if you want decent service.

Pretty simple, yes?

You'd be surprised how many people can't figure that shit out.

_______________________________________________________

Stick sunscreen....not such a good idea.

This was pretty much my day at work today.....

I like fancy cars and everything,  but this is straight up dumbass....and this is windowlicker material.

Holy shit. I'm glad this shit didn't go down when I was 7 years old. I walked close to a 1/2 mile to elementary school unsupervised for 6 years and lived to tell about it. I had free rein with a 5 or 6 block radius (probably a good half square mile) when I was that age...but back then....everyone knew everyone and if I did something stupid....my mom knew about it before I got home.

I got home today and this image pretty much sums up how I felt about having a beer or three while I was cutting the grass. By the time I was done the lawn....I was in a pretty good frame of mind considering the day I had.

United Airlines really gives a shit.

Shitty people at the doctor. Not everyone gets hurt and has to see the doctor.....but everyone has to eat-so we get to see all that society has to offer where I work at.....one of the advantages of working in a grocery store.

Not really.

till later.






No comments: