Friday, July 11, 2014

If you do this......you're an asshole.

First time I've ever seen this......rolling coal. So help me God, if some redneck mouth-breather does this to me while I'm on my bicycle and I somehow manage to catch up to them at a light or something......I've got 16 ounces of bear spray fogger Velcroed to my handlebars and I'd be more then happy to return the favor.

Some people think they can do anything when they are behind the wheel of a vehicle......I'm not the most sedate driver, if the speed limit on the highway is 65 and traffic is light and the weather is good.....I'll hammer along at 80 mph or so.

On the other hand, if the weather is crappy and road conditions are poor, I'll be over in the right lane keeping plenty of space in front of me and my eyes focused down the road and in my mirrors. Too many distracted drivers on the highway follow each other way too close....that's how most accidents happen. Remove all the distance between cars and you've removed most of your reaction time.

Since I work in a shopping center, my favorite distracted driving is the soccer mom driving a 2 1/2 ton SUV she can barely see over the steering wheel of and shes talking on her cellphone, turned around  talking to her kids in the back seat and trying to drink her 6 dollar cup of coffee while backing out of a parking space.

A few years ago, I actually watched someone talking on a cell drive right into a light pole in our parking lot when I was going to work one night.....she was only going 10 or 15 mph, but she hit it dead center with her vehicle and set all the airbags off. Fortunately she was fine, but her van was totaled.....she wanted us to pay for the damages to her vehicle...not sure how her reasoning worked that one out.

I recently bought myself a new watch..........

It's one of those new Android Wear watches that does all kinds of shit. I've only had it for a day, but so far I like it.......more to follow.

I'm a nerd.

Till later.

No comments: