Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day off..............

When you work retail.....your days off our usually in the middle of the week. Most weeks I work 5 1/2 days a week (half day Sundays) and I usually take either Tuesdays or Wednesdays off.

Advantages of having a day off in the middle of the week? When you have to run errands, it's nice to not have to fight weekend traffic.

I plan on taking an early mountain bike ride at Lake Redman Wednesday morning, I'll probably ride 6 or 7 miles of trails and if it's like it normally is....I won't see a soul my entire ride. Seems kind of simple minded, but riding singletrack is a great way to clear your mind. When your riding trails....nothing else matters except being able to clear the next hill, keep your bike on a narrow foot wide trail or clearing the next tricky part of the trail without crashing.

I'm just glad I am able to ride once again without crushing knee pain.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my knee....last October I got a knee replacement on my left knee. My left knee had deteriorated to the point where I had to take a massive amount of pain medication to make it through an 8 hour work day......I got to the point where I didn't want to take that much medication on a daily basis (120 mg of morphine every day) and decided to have my knee replaced. Getting off that much morphine on a daily basis, that's a story for another day......it wasn't a whole bunch of fun.

Now that I have two functioning knees......life is a whole lot better.

I talked to a very good friend of mine tonight, he was rear-ended 6 months ago and has been laid up since with a host of injuries. I thank my lucky stars everyday for the life I have, even though my friend Mark is fighting the good fight to get back to where he was pre-injury...I'm pretty sure he would still think he's lucky as there are folks out there with way worse issues they are struggling with.

What point am I trying to make?

I pretty much hate complainers....Mark and I talked for 45 minutes tonight and he didn't complain once about his situation. He's a good guy with a wonderful wife and daughter....he's got a lot to live for and he knows things will get better.

........so, unless your arm just got cut off and you might bleed out in the next ten minutes-STFU and get on with life.

Stuff I saw in the news today..........

Evidently, having a higher then room temperature IQ isn't a job requirement to work for the TSA....how the hell can someone not know that Washington DC isn't part of the country?

Since I am an only child....it is safe to say I am probably more on the introverted side.....I like people, but only on my terms.

Never argue on the internet......I pretty never argue on the internet because, basically-I don't give a damn what anonymous people think about anything I am currently pontificating about.

Folks on welware shouldn't be able to buy cigarettes with my tax money. I understand that shit happens and folks need a helping hand, but they don't need to smoke with taxpayer money.

Assholes like this make me want to pass a law forcing everyone to work behind a retail counter one week a year.

My son-in-law works for Comcast....so, sorry Bob- but in this instance....Comcast sucks hind teat. Back in the day when I had AOL and it got to the point where I had to cancel it......I just told them I was moving out of the country.

Think it's a good idea if the Israelis bomb the Gaza Strip back to the Stone Age or that Hamas is justified in doing the same thing?

Guess what?

I really don't give a shit what you think.

Do I have an opinion? Sure, I have an opinion, but what's the use discussing such a highly charged situation with people I have never met in person?



See?

I just won the Internets.


No comments: