Tuesday, December 13, 2005

It's soon Christmas time...........

Yup, it's soon Christmas time, so if you're out there driving a motor vehicle-cut someone off and give them the finger. It's the season.

What's with people lately?

Everyday on the way back from taking our kids to school, I take a piece of road that merges from 2 lanes into one and it never fails that someone always tries to merge at the last second. Yesterday morning I watched someone in a Ford Expedition merge into the side of a garbage truck. No one was hurt but you'd be amazed at how badly the front wheel of a garbage truck can mangle the sheet metal of a 40,000 dollar truck.

I wished I had my camera with me, the look on the lady's face was priceless when she got out of her truck and saw how chewed up the side of it was.

I usually don't find joy in other folks stupidity, but I made an exception this time.

I had one of my nephews computer at our house to fix, the thing was so loaded up with spyware, pop-up ads, malware, etc. that it took over 2 minutes for it to pop up the menu when I clicked the "Start" button. The hard drive never stopped thrashing.

Yikes.

I ended up going with a fresh install of Windows and installing some software that should help prevent the same thing from happening again. Or not, because he's 15 and you know how 15 year olds are.

If you are from this area (York, PA) I don't have to tell you that it's cold outside, when I left work this morning-it was 7 degrees.

Most folks will agree, 7 degrees is kinda cold although I'm not complaining because I know lots of the bike bloggers out there talk the talk and walk the walk -they ride year round regardless of the temps.

Me?

Not so much.

The only good thing about having temps in the single digits is that when it does get back up into the 30's, it will feel warm.

And that's that.

Till later.

No comments: