Saturday, December 03, 2005

The normal crap plus the Donut Guy needs $1500 please.

What's new?

I think this is the weekend we are getting a cat. Should be fun and I'll have a new subject to take pictures of. I am really looking forward to finding out what our kids are gonna name it. As long as the cat doesn't piss on my face while I'm sleeping-it's all good.

We also got an almost brand new top-of-the-line mattress and box spring free of charge. Friends of my brother in law couldn't fit it onto their moving truck so they had to leave it behind. Yea for us. Our old mattress and box spring were exactly the same age as our daughter.

They got delivered the same day Katie was delivered over 18 years ago:-) Time for new stuff but I think we are gonna keep our daughter. I am having a hard time with the fact that she is already 18. Time flies.

I don't know if any of the following are true or not, but they are funny..........


Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever," --Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest.
``````````````````````````````````
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff." --Mariah Carey
``````````````````````````````````
"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life," --Brooke Shields, during an interview to become Spokesperson for federal anti-smoking campaign.
``````````````````````````````````
"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body," -- Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.
``````````````````````````````````
"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country," --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
``````````````````````````````````
"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president." --Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents.
````````````````````````````````
"That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it," --A democratic congressional candidate in Texas .
``````````````````````````````````
"Half this game is ninety percent mental." --Philadelphia Phillies manager, Danny Ozark
``````````````````````````````````
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." --Al Gore, Vice President (DUH)
``````````````````````````````````
"I love California . I practically grew up in Phoenix." --Dan Quayle
``````````````````````````````````
"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"--Lee Iacocca
```````````````````````````````````
"The word 'genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback &sports analyst.
```````````````````````````````````
"We don't necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of people." --Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC Instructor.
```````````````````````````````````
"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." --Bill Clinton, President
```````````````````````````````````
"We are ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur." --Al Gore, VP (damn he's smart)
```````````````````````````````````
"Traditionally, most of Australia 's imports come from overseas." --Keppel Enderbery
```````````````````````````````````
"Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is a change in your circumstances." --Department of Social Services, Greenville , South Carolina
```````````````````````````````````
"If somebody has a bad heart, they can plug this jack in at night as they go to bed and it will monitor their heart throughout the night. And the next morning, when they wake up dead, there'll be a record." --Mark S. Fowler, FCC Chairman
```````````````````````````````````


I'm gonna buy one of these and wear around my adam's apple so my voice sounds funny when I talk.

Seriously, I am.

Appearances are deceiving.

I work in food service and I've also had the pleasure of having food poisioning. Trust me, I take sanitation way more seriously then these guys.

I need one of these. Sure I only have a driveway and some sidewalk, but it'd be fun as hell to blow the snow so it lands 3 streets over.

My next door neighbor is a captain for American Airlines, I don't think he flies his plane like these guys.

I love books and this looks like a good one.

I enjoyed reading this little article about a mtb'er riding a road bike. I have both kinds of bikes as well and right now I am more into riding road but mtbing is still a whole lotta fun.

Speaking of having fun, I am totally drooling over this bike. Looks like I'm gonna have to sell a kidney or something. I'm half afraid to have one spec'd out the way I want it. Probably looking at 1500 bucks. It'll be worth it though. One of those kinds of bikes you buy and never sell.

All I have to do now is shit 1500 dollars and I'll be in business.

This article makes quite a bit of sense to me. What would make more sense? Arm ALL airline passengers with handguns...........that would cut the terrorist "issue" on airlines down to zero. Of course serving alcohol on planes would probably be a bad idea.

Win an iPod Nano. Not your run of the mill contest.

I hope someone makes Sony pay until it hurts.

Reason #9769 not to use IE 6 if you can help it. 99.9% of the time IE 6 is fine, it's the other .1% you have to worry about.

This is really neat-o. Yeah, I'm a child of the 70's, when's the last time you heard anyone use the term "neat-o".............I suppose that's besides the point-I really enjoy astronomy.

This is from the Washington Post so you'll have to register to read it. Does that guy need his balls whacked off or what?

71 year old trailer trash.

Why can't Microsoft just patch everything? Pretty good read, and the author does have a damn good point.

I'm not an engineer, but I was reading the blueprints to the remodel of the building where I work at. They are adding a second story to part of the building and adding 40 feet or so to one side. In addition to all that, the contractors are moving almost all of the departments around in the store.

Oughta be an interesting 9 months or so............

Our daughter had a good idea for me to make some extra money. She said I should teach senior citizens how to use a computer. I betting there might be a market for that. Not that my mom is a senior citizen by any stretch of the imagination, but she did pretty good when I showed her how to do stuff with her laptop.

Or maybe I could be one of those "secret shoppers". Our company uses them from time to time to see how good our customer service is. I swear they all go to our store to try and piss me off.

......Anything to make 1500 bucks.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Ptelea said...

I'm having a little 'equipment'(camera/tripod) envy this morning - $1500 would about cover it too (although what do I know!). While on my hike I saw a guy off in the distance lugging a HUGE tripod and bigass camera - mine were both neatly tucked in my backpack at the time!