Thursday, August 11, 2005

How old? + free stuff

Saw this post over at Oil is for Sissies and it made me think..........will there ever be a time where I say to myself "Am I too old to ride a bike?" I don't ever see me having that conversation with myself , I'll be one of those crusty old bastards riding around on a 3 wheeler bike .

Wow, those folks over in Japan really know how to have fun.

I read about this awhile back.........here's the website. Those PETA folks sure know how to set an example, huh?

How fitting. I wonder if the candle smokes much.

Spent a good hour last night getting my ass handed to me by our son playing one-on-one in the driveway. I have the height advantage right now, but he is one quick 12 year old.

Also fixed the front derailleur on my Cannondale road bike. It's been overshifting right off the big ring. I did have it shifting perfect, but I messed with it for some reason and got it all bunged up. Road bikes with 3 front rings are really hard to get to shift nice and crisp. Out of all my bikes, it's gonna be the first to go to make room for a new mountain bike next year.

If anyone that reads this blog is local and wants a free computer, be the first in the comments section saying ya want it and it's yours. Not 100% sure of how fast it is, but it has WIN 98 SE on it and comes with a 15" monitor, a keyboard and a mouse. I'm pretty sure it has Word and Excel on it as well, I haven't used it for quite some time so I might be wrong. Sue me-it's free. It would be a good computer for an elementary school student.

The sky is definitely gonna be falling because I am heading out for my second road ride of the week tonight. Our club has beginner road rides on occasion and my 17 year old nephew has been wanting to try a group ride. He's probably gonna kick my ass.

My postings on here are going to be getting more irregular now that school is starting back up soon, I won't have very much free time in the mornings after I get home from work............I'll be prying our 12 year old out of bed and getting him fed and on the bus with his sister.

What's the problem? Don't believe the billboard? Go to Google and type in "Worst President Ever" and hit the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button.......................

Till later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the founders of the Dayton (Ohio) cycling club returns to Dayton every year to do his traditional "birthday ride". Next year, God willing, Clair Duckham will celebrate his 100th birthday, on a bike! Up through 97 or 98 he rode on his own road bike, then switched to the stoker seat of a tandem, but he's still riding!