Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I *got* your finger.............

Couple folks e-mailed me about my profile picture. One guy liked it and one person thought it was offensive.

Thanks for your input.

Just in case you are wondering.............it's staying there for the time being. It's not like I am giving you the finger, I was giving my buddy who took the picture the finger.

Let me also further expand on the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" I posted about the other day............

My opinion? I don't think religion belongs in the classroom of any public school. Having said that, both our children go to Catholic school because we feel that religion should be a part of their education. Am I some hoity- toity "holier then thou" Christian? Shit no, I'm not even Catholic, I married into a family of devout Catholics, I am the token Irish Protestant of the family when we get together for family gatherings.

I just feel that religion is a personal choice and shouldn't be government mandated.............just like any number of other things the government has their fingers in. Don't get me started on religion, no one on my wife's side of the family ever asks me my political or religious views anymore because I tend to say what's on my mind. Ever see the cartoon with the guy with an angel on one shoulder and the Devil on the other shoulder ? My angel fell off a few miles back.

I saw this over on Jim's site. Looks like an okay product until I got to the part where it said you get many re-uses out of it after hand washing it. The thing is gonna smell like smelly ass, why the hell would I wanna hand wash it?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
(click to make biggerer)
I'm like that only I don't ride 75 miles before I turn around.

My mom (who reads this blog) seems to have been having minor troubles with her laptop since she bought it. Nothing to serious but I guess when you've never owned a PC before and spent a whole pile of money on it-I guess it wouldn't be to much to ask to have it run perfectly. She has to take the wireless optical mouse back, it's from Microsoft-I figured it would work better then a cheap-o one when I helped her pick it out. I guess I figured wrong.

Reminds me of when I bought my first computer back in 1995. Spent a 1000 bucks for a computer with a huge 1.2 gig hard drive and a whopping 16 megs of RAM. And it had a top of the line OS as well...............Windows 95a .

Had lots of small problems with that piece of crap up until we threw it out a couple years ago. I celebrated by opening it up and hammering the living shit out of the insides with a sledgehammer before I set it out for the trash.

While I'm not an "expert" concerning computers, I think I know enough to go around and help people set up new computers, help them learn how to use them and help folks de-infest older computers of spyware, etc. Been thinking about starting up a small part-time thing to see how it went. Probably need to buy a small laptop and some misc. stuff..........hey it's only money. I have a couple of geek computer friends, I think I will pick their brains and see what they think before I do anything. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to use a sledgehammer on someone else's computer though......

Got to do the "Plate Drop" at work late last night..............since my dept. is hidden in the furthermost corner of the store, folks don't realize that someone is actually working back there.

Sometimes couples get in the rearmost aisle and think they are totally alone and start to get "frisky" if you know what I mean......... I usually wait for a minute or so to let them get their groove on and then hold one of our 14" pewter serving plates over my head and drop it. Makes one hell of a loud noise.

Sometimes I think people shit themselves when I do the plate drop judging from how startled they are.............I love my customers.

This past night, I had to go into work early as the where shutting the power off to our shopping center at 1 AM for 3 or 4 hours to replace a few transformers. Since we knew ahead of time, they wrapped all of the freezers and coolers with heavy plastic. Of course we still had customers that poked holes in it to get stuff they couldn't do without. People are assholes.................

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This picture of Stevie Wonder has nothing to do with anything I have talked about so far today-just thought I'd throw it in there. Just call me Mr. Sensitive.

New Orleans is underwater. Most disturbing thing about that article is the fact that some folks seem to be more interested in seeing what they can steal then helping their fellow man. I could understand the thieves reasoning if they were taking food and bottled water but jewelry, sports jerseys, beer and electronics hardly qualify as "need" items.................

3 dollar a gallon gas will be here in no time. Wonderful. Having gas at that high a level for much longer is going to throw the economy into a tailspin. While no job is "recession proof", my lovely wife and I have jobs which we will unlikely be laid off from. My wife is a nurse for a large nursing home chain and I work as a baker/pastry chef for a very large grocery chain.

People do 2 things for sure.

They eat and they get old.

I might not have the most glamourous trade in the world, but I'll always be able to find work, after all....baking is the world's second oldest profession.

Here's my idea of "gun control" It appears that the man with the concealed weapons permit had excellent "gun control" as he hit his intended target.

Till later..........

1 comment:

Jank said...

You are one of my heros, George - plate drop sounds like a riot