Monday, August 22, 2005

Link Dump Monday

My wife and I went shopping at Wal-Mart this past weekend. Usually we go there during "normal" hours, but this past Saturday we popped in at around 11 PM at night. Unbelievably to me-the store was damn busy. It was filled with customers that some folks would call "trailer trash" Not that I'd ever call someone that, since we were there shopping as well and I'm no better then anyone else.

That being said, it was interesting to watch some families shop. Lots of loud noisy obnoxious kids with their moms not really paying attention to them. I pity the poor night stockers there- it was almost impossible for them to move around in their aisles to get anything done. If I worked there, I would have probably killed my self by now.

They look like bike shorts to me.

I don't know about anybody else, but if I had to fly-I'd avoid Northwest.

Here's 4 hours of your life you'll never get back. Wouldn't it just be easier to just buy a shitty 40 dollar digital camera to take the same quality pics and save 4 hours of time?

Nice. I guess hoping that they would simply fire themselves is out of the question.

Customer service people have very stressful jobs ........and don't you forget it..................... bitchdog.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Fill'er up.

Was gonna do a ride with a buddy Sunday AM-he had to bag at the last second so I took the opportunity to do a nice slow ride around my old neighborhood. Not a whole lot has changed since I grew up there except there is way more traffic and the woods behind my old house are gone and the land is now an industrial park.

In my travels to the north side of Hellam, I saw another one of those "McMansion" type developments going in. Not sure who is buying all those 3, 4 and 5oo,ooo dollar houses but I'd like to find out and get a job where they work at. Would I buy one if I had to bucks to afford it comfortably? Hell yeah, but I'd have to live somewhere with trees. Most of the new places going in are on old farmland and are as flat as a pancake and all the houses all look the same. Screw that.

An off-color joke...........

A man is stumbling through the woods, totally drunk,
when he comes upon a preacher baptizing people in
the river. He proceeds to walk into the water and
subsequently bumps into the preacher.

The preacher turns around and is almost overcome
by the smell of alcohol, whereupon he asks the drunk,
"Are you ready to find Jesus?"

The drunk answers, "Yes, I am."

So the preacher grabs him and dunks him in the water.
He pulls him up and asks the drunk, "Brother have
you found Jesus?"

The drunk replies, "No, I haven't found Jesus."

The preacher, shocked at the answer, dunks him into
the water again for a little longer. He again pulls him
out of the water and asks again. "Have you found
Jesus my brother?"

The drunk again answers, "No, I haven't found Jesus."

By this time the preacher is at his wits end and dunks
the drunk in the water again --- but this time holds him
down for about 30 seconds. When he begins kicking his
arms and legs, the preacher pulls him up and again
asks the drunk, "For the love of God have you found Jesus?

The drunk wipes his eyes and catches his breath and
says to the preacher,

"Are you sure this is where he fell in?"

Those little mini-bikes are dangerous. Kinda neat little video clip.

Our son plays World of Warcraft. Thankfully for him nobody else in the family does.

Storm pictures. Wow.

Till later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm dad for the records i play warcraft 3 not WoW ok? WoW is kool but it costs money... warcraft 3 is free online...

Anonymous said...

The map was totally cool. I found where I lived from 1964 to 1967. The Street was Rushmore Drive in a little tract off 74 (Queen Street) just south of where it meets 182 (Leaders Heights Road), right where the fork with Iron Stone Hill Road is. I never would have remembered those names on my own. The amazing thing is that it appears the land that we used to go hunting in has still not been developed. I couldn't get a close up in satellite view, but I could see the potato field where we used to hide and throw snowballs at cars.

Amazing that there is still so much open land after all these years.

I went to York Catholic High School for 9th, 10th and 11th grades. Had lots of buddies that I hung out with in downtown York. My best friend's father was head pathologist at York Hospital, his name was Gochoco. I forgot how far we lived from the city. Would love to go back there some day and drive through that area.