Sunday, February 04, 2007

So.............

I bought another computer.

I wasn't intending to buy one yesterday...........it sorta just happened.

My wife and I were at Sam's shopping for Super Bowl snacks and as usual, I stopped by computer department to drool at stuff. I saw a little flyer that was promoting a "no interest-no payments for a year" promotion and went up to the service desk to find out some more info.

Turns out I qualified for more then enough money to buy exactly to laptop I was drooling at.

And I have a whole year to use it (and earn money) before I have to pay for it.

Here's the specs..........
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pretty nice for a little less than 1500 bucks.

It's gonna take me a few days to figure out how everything works and get all of our programs transfered over. I'm in no big hurry, so far the initial set-up has been a tad less confusing then setting up an XP box.

It will be interesting to see what works and doesn't work right off the bat, I've heard that lots of stuff isn't 100% compatible yet.

My thoughts so far.....

The Norton anti-virus stuff got an overhaul for 2007, it works way, way, way better then it used to. Totally worth the money.

User Account Control is a pain in the hiney. It was the first thing I turned off. I don't think I would turn it off on a client's computer, but it's shut off on mine for now. Every time you want to do something, it pops up a window to ask you for permission to proceed. I suppose that if you aren't a power user, this is a good idea but it will be a learning experience for folks used to doing whatever they want to.

As usual on a new computer-it's got plenty of "buyware" on it ie; stuff for you to try out and then get sucked into buying. AOL, Vonage, Rhapsody, etc. After setting up the anti-virus software-all that stuff got uninstalled.

More info as I go along.......

Who's going to win the Super Bowl? Beats me, we just like the commercials.....

Till later.

No comments: