Monday, April 07, 2008

Join the army............

No, not that Army..........this Army.

I swear if I ever win the lottery, I'll give Lance a big chunk of the money....sure he's won the Tour de France a bunch of times, but I think in the long run, he'll make more of a mark fighting cancer.....which is a good thing in my book.

I did get a ride in on Monday morning.....it was excellent bike riding weather, cloudy, cool and damp. Doesn't sound like great weather to ride in but when it's in the 50's-you don't sweat and it's fairly easy to regulate how warm or cold you are. I had my Wal-Mart camera with me, but the batteries were dead....so no pictures.

I did a mostly flat loop around my childhood neighborhood....close to 15 miles-slow and steady.

I like to look around when I ride and see the sights. Most of my old stomping grounds looks just like it did 30 years ago.....next time I'll remember to check the batteries before I leave the house.

One of my favorite TV shows is back on next week. Not sure what it is about it, but I never miss an episode.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Would I like to try crab fishing?

Nope.

I get seasick just taking a bath, so there ain't no way I'd last more than 10 minutes before i started projectile vomiting. While I'd like to make a year's salary in a few weeks.....with my klutziness-I'd come back with less fingers than I went with.

I was watching some of the NASCAR race on Sunday while I was working on my taxes.....it's pretty much down to an even split between race and commercials. I think the best commercial was for one of the big box home improvement stores for riding lawn mowers.

Two dudes in yards smaller than mine advertising the new models available. I don't know about most folks but unless you're a NASCAR dad, have at a 1/2 acre, you're a fat bastard or you're handicapped.....a riding mower is more of a toy then anything else.

My philosophy is buy a 99 dollar Wal-Mart mower....they usually last at least 5 or 6 years and then you put it out in the garbage and buy another one.

Another dumb commercial? Kinoki foot pads. They've found a way to extract money from the soles of your feet.

TV lowers your IQ.


When I see stuff like this....it makes my skin crawl. How the hell can someone do that to a child? You have to take a test before you get a driver's license...sometimes I think you should have to take a test before you're allowed to birth (and raise) children.

Great.....Israel and Iran and playing "Don't give me a reason".....I'm sure that will end well.

On a happier note....how damn cool is this?

This week on April 9th, my lovely wife and I will have been married 25 years. It honestly doesn't even feel close to 25 years but we have a kid in her 2nd year of college and another in high school.....so something happened in the last 25 years. Time sure flies by.

....all I can say is I am a very lucky man.

till later.

No comments: