Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Easter Break..........

Our son has off school for his Easter break for the rest of the week. I can remember when I was in school and we had our Easter break, it was always nice to have a little break right before the end of the school year.

He's got roughly 8 more weeks of school before the summer break. He's only 13 but he wants to find some sort of job this summer. Back when I was a kid, lots of extra money could be made mowing yards.

I can remember having 8 or 9 yards lined up, a Sunday paper route and a job at the local auction house on Saturdays.....I wasn't a rich teenager, my parents made me put most of it in the bank. I'm not complaining, some of that grass cutting money was used in our down payment for our first house......I'm sure Daniel will find something to get involved in, he's an industrious kid.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
One advantage of owning your own company. I can hardly wait to see what my Christmas bonus is gonna be.

George ain't gonna like this piece. Not that he actually reads.......

This is fast. We could build neat stuff like that here in America, but nobody would use it.

If you are on a Windows box, you should have gotten this patch automatically. If you leave your computer on all the time, it will have indicated that it has rebooted, which means you have the patch. If you aren't sure-go here and follow the instructions.

I hope they lose. I've had several clients contact me about upgrading a "Vista" Capable" computer to Vista and I've advised all of them against it because their units generally lack the necessary horsepower.

Even if they have the RAM and a good enough video card, I've heard too many experts advise against it to even attempt it. I have a pre-installed Vista laptop and it runs very nicely, but it has 4 gigs of ram and a 512 meg video card in it.

Kinda sucks to be this guy. It's a shame, the same thing happens in the USA all the time.

I can't pick a favorite.

Japan changes world history (link courtesy of my son) Yes, he reads the NY Times everyday.

I used to build lots of models, but this one
(watch the video)

....flat out blows me away.

Till later.

No comments: