Monday, April 09, 2007

Family....

4 grandparents, 7 aunts and uncles, 11 grandkids and enough food for at least twice that many people all in one house. That would be Easter brunch at my in-laws house.......and that's a small gathering.

Other then the obvious religious reasons for the holiday, I like the Easter brunch because I get to see all my nieces and nephews and watch them become young men and women. One of my brothers in law has 3 daughters and all 3 are as cute as a button.....I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they begin to date and they bring their boyfriends home to meet my brother-in-law.

He's gonna scare the hell out of a lot of potential boyfriends....

Most years we take a picture of the whole family posed on the front steps of the house, we didn't this year because it was 35 degrees outside and getting that many people to stand still long enough the get a picture taken woulda been impossible. Maybe next year.

It doesn't seem like 24 years but as of today, my wife and I have been married for that long. Again, time just seems to fly by when you aren't really paying attention. All in all, it's doesn't seem all that long ago since we were sitting by the ocean in 1981 when I asked my wife to marry me. All I know is I'm glad she said yes.

Other then the arthritis in my knees, I sure don't feel like 47. Hopefully they have perfected knee replacement in the next 10 or 15 years and it will be an out-patient surgery by the time I need it.

__________________________________________

I bought my brand new mower last week and I haven't managed to get it out of the van yet, having the temps dip back down into the 20's and 30's last week didn't really put me into the mood for yard work. Looks like it supposed to rain most of the week, so most likely, I won't get much done outside anyways.

Anybody see this? Nice, huh? Withdrawing the troops out of there should have begun yesterday. I'm sure the vast majority of the folks living in Iraq are just normal people but the few fanatics over there could and will wait us out for as long as it takes for us to leave before they start their own ethnic cleansing. It's gonna happen, it's only a matter of time.

You'll never guess this one.


Robert Reich's vlog, April 8, 2007 on Vimeo

Dick Cheney ruins another Easter tradition.

Till later.

No comments: