Saturday, December 08, 2007

Random thoughts........

I figured out how to share the music and TV shows on my laptop with the Xbox 360 downstairs......pretty cool technology. I can bit torrent a TV show and instead of burning it to a DVD, I can just stream it to the TV and watch it.

My next project is getting my parents WiFi working properly....ever since they went over to DSL, I haven't been able to enable WEP or WPA encryption on their wireless router. I did put a utility on their computer that locks down access to any of the files if someone signs onto their wireless network, but that's kind of a stopgap measure. The wireless router is a few years old, I'm gonna attempt to update the firmware....wish me luck.

I'm gonna go nuts listening to our store Muzak until Christmas is over.....one minute they're playing Michael Jackson singing a song about sitting on Santa's lap and the next minute they're playing Combat Rock from the Clash.

Ten minutes after that.....you guessed it-Burl Ives belts out "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas"

I'm thinking about gluing something over the speaker grills of the intercom system in the ceiling of our department.....it's gonna be a long 3 weeks.

I'd enjoy Christmas a lot more if we forgot all the commercial crap and brought the holiday back to it's original purpose which is.....

.... celebrating Santa Clause's birthday.

I kid of course, but you know how you act on Christmas and try and be on your best behavior? I'd like to see everyone try to do that everyday. There'd be a lot less people getting blowed up and killed if we could all just have some decent manners.

I'd be willing to start by not giving the finger to anyone that cuts me off in traffic. It's a small price to pay but I'd be willing to do it if it made the world a better place.

If I'm on my bike and you cut me off in your car? Screw that-you're gettin' the finger.
_____________________________________

I was reading People magazine and saw the article where bloggers were calling Jennifer Love Hewitt out for being fat. I saw the pictures of her in her bikini..........what the hell are they talking about? She looks perfectly normal to me. No wonder young teenage girls get eating disorders with press like that.

I'm glad I'm not famous, they'd have a field day with me. There would be pictures of me picking my nose or my ass on the front page of the Star every week......because lets face it, we all pick our noses or dig in our butt crack once and awhile......don't worry-I wash my hands before I handle food at work.

Weird......what's even weirder is the "Customers Who Bought Items Like This Also Bought" section below the main selection....hmmmm.

I'm sure they all taste marvelous, but the last one looks like a meteorite between two hamburger buns.

If you ever had the tiniest hope that President Bush was a good and honest person......this press conference should crush that thought. Seriously? I think Shrub commits 20 or 25 key words to memory and makes up sentences as he goes along.....next January can't get here soon enough.

We get both here at the Donut Guy's house and they are totally worth the money. If you are gonna buy anything electronic or just about anything else, it's at least worth it to sign up for the online version.

Why food costs more then it did last year. Me? I'd rather have less expensive food and drive a smaller car.

Tom Waits....Christmas card from a hooker in Minneapolis.

till later.

No comments: