Monday, May 25, 2009

What a weekend.......

When you work retail....you get used to working weekends, holidays and weird shifts. I was pleasantly surprised last week to find out I was off Sat/Sun/Mon/Tue.

Been working retail for most of the last 35 years...this is the first time I can remember having off 4 days in a row-whatever, I'll take it.

The whole family helped out with some gardening this weekend.

Image Hosted by <span class=

What was I doing?

Image Hosted by <span class=

Taking pictures of my toe and getting my cocktail on.

I was out of Seagram's 7 so I had to go liquor store shopping...there are lots of different kinds of booze. I go into a liquor store maybe once every 2 or 3 years to get a new bottle of whiskey...I decided to buy the cheapest whiskey I could find.

9 bucks bought me a bottle of some brand I never heard of-it's all good, I can't taste it anyways after I dump in the Seven Up. Maybe because I don't drink much....but why is there 50 different brands of whiskey?

I did manage to get my lazy ass outside and I seeded some bare spots in the lawn and did some yardwork. I always manage to go out in the middle of the day when it's 90 degrees-I ain't the smartest knife in the drawer.

Hell, I even rode my bike some....it was only 5 miles but ya gotta start somewhere.

Since my knee operation and my return to work- my knees haven't been doing the greatest. I have arthritis in both of them to start with and having the one operated on didn't really help matters as I began to favor the "good" knee and that one started to give me major problems.

In the last couple weeks-I've turned a corner and they've been slowly improving. To be honest, I am totally paranoid about overdoing the exercise thing and screwing them up again. Ain't no way I wanna have to live with the constant pain I've been through the past few months.

I've gained a few pounds so I really need to get back on the horse, just don't want to screw up my progress.

Dick Cheney is just killing me. For 8 years you didn't hear shit from the guy and now he can't shut the hell up. I more apt to listen to this dude more then anyone else in the Republican party....just sayin'.

Well, I've touched on politics in this blog post....may as well hit religion while I'm at it and piss off the other 50% of my readers. Don't blame me, I just post the links.....

This guy pretty much sums up Memorial Day for me...as do these guys.

Refrigerators....ours is pretty much average.

28 years of marriage down the poop chute because Mel can't keep his penis in his pants. Lovely, I'm sure his 7 children are proud.

Saw this on the way to taking our son to school this morning.....I'd be willing to bet that the driver was talking on a cell phone. That's the second time that house has been driven into.

Overkill.

till later.


No comments: