Monday, November 22, 2010

Getting a little chilly out.......

Yesterday I probably was out for one of the last rides of the year on my bike/moped before I need to dress like an Eskimo. Since I have no cartilage in either knee, arthritis and no ACL in one knee.....I gotta keep them warm or else I literally can't walk. I'm thinking that neophrene knee braces are a start plus all the usual bike clothing.

If you're new here....I'm sure ya'll have noticed that my bike has a motor on it.

I'm not lazy, just can't pedal more then a few minutes without debilitating knee pain. As I'm not quite ready to stop cycling....the motor on the back gives me a little bit of an assist. On flat ground, it will go 30 mph......ain't no way I'm going to be going 30 mph this winter- I figure that if it's 40 degrees out and I go 30 mph....I'll probably freeze to death in about 15 minutes.

Yesterday it was 50 degrees and I was out in jeans and a sweatshirt....I lasted about 30 minutes before I started to feel my knees lock up....it sucks getting old.

Here's the part of the blog where I shoot my mouth off.............

I normally don't fly, I've only ever been in an airplane 2 times and a helicopter once-so I'm not a guy that flies very much. Been reading about how the TSA has been instructed to frisk people before they hop on a plane.....all I can say is it has to suck to fly.

My next door neighbor is a pilot for a large airline....seeing what he has gone through in the past 10 years since 9/11.....all I can say is that pilots are probably underpaid for what they have to do. It just ain't hopping into a plane and twisting a few dials, too be honest, I can't think of a more stressful way to make a living.

Having said that.....my neighbor couldn't be a nicer guy.

We are heading into the holidays and since I work retail...it can be a stressful time to work in a grocery store like I do. For me.....it ain't no biggie- if I get a rude customer, I turn the tables on them and make sure I act super-nice back to them.

It's really hard for a customer who's acting like an asshole to keep acting like an asshole if the person on the other side of the counter (me) is unfailingly polite. Most of the time, folks chill out and calm down....but about 1% of people get more pissed when you're super-polite to them.

Those are my favorite customers because I like to see how far I can out-polite them before they have a meltdown.

I'm very happy that I've never seen this young man perform. Hell, I've never even heard him speak....and I'm okay with that.

till later.

No comments: