Thursday, September 22, 2005

Bits and pieces.........

I really don't have a solid block of time to sit down and write up very much during the week. So when I see interesting stuff, I'll steal it and post it here..........................

Damn, if only I woulda got that doctorate in astro-physics........things woulda been different.

If I had a "big and tall" chain................I'd call it "Fat Bastards", but that's just me.

My brother-in-law is a very successful trader. I'd better not show this article to him-he might chainsaw my head off.

Not only do I think the pay raise should be repealed.........I think our legislators should work as volunteers with only a modest living allowance while they are in office.

They don't sell alcohol in grocery stores here in PA. If they did, half our overnight crew would be hammered.

Man, don't be picking on Wal-Mart-they just had a whole shitload of good publicity with their hurricane relief efforts. Sure, they are bent on paving over every level spot in America and selling us cheap-ass Chinese made stuff. What's wrong with that?

I suppose with higher gas prices, there is going to be an influx of new riders. I almost killed one this morning around 5 AM on my way home from work. Guy wearing dark clothes, no helmet, no reflectors and no lights...........riding into oncoming traffic..........can anyone say "organ donor"?

I was reading "People" magazine last night at work. I'd have to say that I had no idea who at least 1/2 the people featured in the magazine were. I recognized a couple of movie stars and a few TV stars. I guess it's an okay magazine in you are in the mood for a little mind candy.

What magazines do I read regularly? .............take a guess. Go into a Borders and check out the "cycling" section. I read all of them. My favorite mag is Dirt Rag. They've stayed pretty much the same ever since I started reading them back in 97 or 98. I hate to use the term "They keep it real" but in this case-it fits.

I also read a few trade magazines related to baking and food marketing. Next big thing?

Flaxseed.

Trust me on that.

I'm in a great business, when the economy goes in the tank-the more people eat. The better the economy..........they eat even more.

Let's see.......I wanna see you ride a fixed gear bike backwards on just the rear wheel. Whoa.

My 85 year old aunt got out of the hospital yesterday, the only think she wanted was a beer so my wife took her one of the ones I bought last week. Now I am down to 2.......looks like I will have to go buy more.............

In 2006.

1 comment:

Al Maviva said...

"Big and Tall." Hah.

I would personally prefer "Phat Threads 4 Fat Fuckers" but Big & Tall has always been okay for me. And what's this "Casual Male XL" stuff? The smallest thing you can get in B&T is XXL, and sometimes XXLL.

My Giant (new in July) is pushing me away from B&T, and onto the big end of the normal scale - away from the "steady client of the donut shop" rack. Still not good shopping, and when I do lose that last 60 lbs, I'll return to something close to the 210 pound freakish form of my youth - 48" chest, 32" waist, short legs with arms like Clyde the Orangutan. Still not easy to find stuff that fits.

I've always found I can get decent designer stuff from Burlington Coat Factory, with a bit of tailoring. Go figure - Ralph Lauren makes a 52 suit, apparently nobody that big shops at Ralph Lauren boutiques, the stuff washes up 6 months later in BCF. Amazing.

Whassat? Those suits actually say "Balph Mauren"? Dammit...

I gave up on off-the-rack dress shirts (suit & tie every day for me), and now order them up over the web from Korea. Top notch shirts, perfect fit, roughly $30 per shirt delivered if you buy 5 or more at once.

Nice blog, BTW.

Al Maviva
www.coldfury.com