Sunday, September 18, 2005

Some peoples are assholes, some aren't.

This is only gonna make sense to you if you happen to live in York. So bear with me if you are one of my loyal readers from somewhere else.............

Rutters has terrible customer service.

I went there this morning to get gas and a paper. First thing, I stopped at the row of pumps closest to the store right in view of the cashier. Did he turn my pump on?

Hell no.

Now I understand that everyone has to make a living, but if you are working at a Rutter's............you don't have aspirations of becoming a brain surgeon, it ain't that hard to turn a pump on.

When someone puts the nozzle of a gas pump into their car and turns the pump on, the console inside the store beeps. How hard is it to stop talking to your co-worker for a second and hit a button?

Second thing is they were were almost totally out of coffee. Hmmmm....Sunday morning 7 AM....you would think that they might have it together and be able to keep up with the steady stream of customers coming into the store. Nah, that would be too easy considering there were only 5 or 6 employees shuffling around.

Third thing- The counter at Rutters is so full of crap they wanna sell you, it's hard to sit your purchases down so you can get your wallet out, so I slid all the worthless shit to one side with my forearm so I had room to put my stuff down. The clerk really got cranky with me at that point and asked me not to touch his "display".

Whatever pal, just ring my stuff up and shut up.

I love Sunday mornings............

Now on the other hand...some people are angels.......... We went to visit my great aunt this weekend. She is 85 and in the hospital. We all love her to pieces and so do the nurses at the hospital where she is staying. When someone cares about what they are doing-you can tell. My Aunt Helen is doing a lot better then she was so hopefully she will be out of the hospital soon.

My 89 year old great uncle is also in the hospital with a black eye. He took a fall and was lucky to just bang himself up a little bit. They did take him to Hershey Med just as a precaution though. Getting old is scary.......

When I get old-I wanna either die in my sleep or smack into a tree at high speed on my mountain bike and bite it instantly.

Our club also had it's annual fund raiser this weekend. It was great to see all the folks that help out with trailworks and rides. Even though I didn't win one of the bikes they had up for raffle, my son and I had a great time.

I have some pics of folks getting awards but I didn't get any pics of the poker ride, the clubs membership guy took some pics but his camera jammed. Maybe next year his daughter can be the "official photographer". I've seen some of her work, she won an award this year for her work..she's pretty darn good.

On to other things.............

Sometimes, I can hardly wait until the Middle East runs out of oil. Unfortunately when that happens, they will own most of the U.S.

As much as the major news outlets love to cover all the human suffering going on down in Louisiana and Mississippi........there are still some good folks out there helping out. Amen.

This is a pretty good program but as the father of an 18 year old..............I'd still like to see her have a plan "B" .........things happen.

Here's an article to further reinforce my viewpoint that pets are not like children.

It's back to work tonight so I'll being posting less.......

Till later.

No comments: