Monday, September 26, 2005

I'm slow...........

Had a great ride with a buddy of mine down at Redman on Sunday. We took his 13 year old son and his S.O.'s 13 year old daughter for a nice 2 hour ride.

I love riding with kids and turning them on to how much fun you can have on a bicycle. Adrienne is going to be a really good rider if she sticks with it, she has natural balance and small spills don't faze her a bit.

We did one section with quite a few logs on it and she went back and did it a second time because she fell on a tricky section the first time she tried it. She got it the second time-good stuff.

Reading some of the news this weekend...............

What the hell is wrong with these people? You know it's bad when 35 rockets only "might" threaten the peace talks. How many rockets will it take to seriously threaten the peace talks off? 100?

As bad as Rita was, is could have been much worse. Looking at the huge lines of traffic of folks trying to get out, I thought of one thing...........

Bicycles.

Sure, not everyone could have ridden out the affected areas but at leasty half of those folks could have made better time riding a bike then sitting in traffic.

Not all bicycling advocates like this idea, I think it's better then nothing.

A joke........

A little old lady answered a knock on the door one day, only to be confronted by a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner.

Good morning," said the young man. "If I could take a couple of minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners."

"Go away!" said the old lady. "I haven't got any money! I'M BROKE!!!"

And she proceeded to close the door. Quick as a flash, the young man wedged his foot in the door and pushed it wide open.

"Don't be too hasty!" He said. "Not until you have at least seen my demonstration.." And with that, he emptied a bucket of horse manure onto her hallway carpet.

"If this vacuum cleaner does not remove all traces of this horse manure from your carpet, Madam, I will personally eat the remainder."

The old lady stepped back and said, "Well I hope you've got a damned good appetite, because they cut off my electricity this morning.

I sure hope it's gasoline powered or something.

Give me some of what this guy is on. I'm surprised he hasn't lost his job. Yet.

I'm sorry, but I laughed my ass off when I read this. How can someone be so damn stupid?

WHAT? This shit is totally ridiculous.

Anybody watch the Food Channel? This guy is my favorite.

This is cool. If I had a spare hundred bucks, I donate it.

Monty Python. This is one of my favorite scenes from any movie ever made. Not for the squeamish.

This might be one way to get off of mass mailing lists. Seems like a lot of work though..........

Till later.


No comments: