Saturday, July 29, 2006

Guilty until proven innocent?

I want to believe that Floyd Landis didn't dope. Seriously, I really do but I'm having a hard time time getting excited about bike racing lately since it seems that riders are getting busted left and right. It's a shame some of them are guilty until proven innocent but if you know something or someone isn't 100% on the level-stay away from that situation.

That's all I'm gonna say about it until the UCI comes out with their findings of Floyd's "B" sample. After all, he hasn't been proven guilty of anything yet but the press sure seems intent on convicting him.

Something like this could happen to me. I'm sure the cop will understand.

The Nickel Trick. SFW video on a NSFW website.

This is a good idea. Makes me want to go down to the auto parts store and buy some marine batteries and an electric motor for the minivan. 90% of my trips are 10 miles or less. Yeah, I know I could ride my bike for some of them- I guess I'm just lazy sometimes. That and I don't like sweating like a pig in this 90 degree weather we're having.

WARNING-This is a very graphic site documenting the destruction going on in Lebanon. Graphic as in this site has pictures of people killed by artillery shells. I'm not saying one side or the other is right or wrong but bombing each other back to the Stone Age isn't going to fix anything. Link for the site is here. Another site here.

This site could be useful if you want to blow off a bad date.

I'm a flaming Libertarian............. This is good news as far as I'm concerned. Then again, I think everybody should be required to carry a sidearm. Everyone has a cellphone, so why not? Yeah, I know it's the nutjob point of view but if you meet me in person-I keep my political points of view to myself unless you ask me my opinion. You're the one that clicked on my site....not me:-)

Want to lose an argument? Invoke the "Hitler Rule".

This joke is going to piss someone off..........

A perfect men and a perfect woman met in a perfect day.

After some perfect dates they had a perfect wedding.

One night on X-mas they drove there perfect car on a dangerous road, but suddenly they saw a man on the side of the road, and because they are perfect they stopped for him and they discovered theta that man is Santa, and he is carrying a bag of gifts.

Santa got in the car and they drove away.

After a couple of minutes there was an accident and 2 of them died. Only the woman survived...

Why did the woman survived, you ask?... because the perfect man an Santa does not existent.

If you are a woman: Stop reading here.

If you are a man: If the perfect man an Santa does not existent, that means that the woman was driving and that explains the accident.

If you are a woman and you kept reading: You just proved that women wont listen!

It's all about balance.

If the first joke didn't piss you off, this one probably will.............

A man is stumbling through the woods, totally drunk, when he comes upon a preacher baptizing people in the river. He proceeds to walk into the water and subsequently bumps into the preacher. The preacher turns around and is almost overcome by the smell of alcohol, whereupon he asks the drunk, "Are you ready to find Jesus?"

The drunk answers, "Yes, I am."

So the preacher grabs him and dunks him in the water. He pulls him up and asks the drunk, "Brother have you found Jesus?"

The drunk replies, "No, I haven't found Jesus."

The preacher shocked at the answer, dunks him into the water again for a little longer. He again pulls him out of the water and asks again, "Have you found Jesus my brother?"

The drunk again answers, "No, I haven't found Jesus."

By this time the preacher is at his wits end and dunks the drunk in the water again --- but this time holds him down for about 30 seconds and when he begins kicking his arms and legs he pulls him up. The preacher again asks the drunk, "For the love of God have you found Jesus?"

The drunk wipes his eyes and catches his breath and asks the preacher, "Are you sure this is where he fell in?"

Like the guy or not, he's one of the worst public speakers in Presidential history. What do I think about the guy? I don't think Bush has a firm grasp of what's going on in the world.....and that's being nice.

Last joke......honest.

A drunk was proudly showing off his new apartment to a couple of his friends late one night, and led the way to his bedroom where there was a big brass gong. One of the guests asked, "What's that big brass gong?"


"It's not a gong. It's a talking clock," the drunk replied.

"A talking clock? Seriously?" asked his astonished friend.

"Yep," replied the drunk. "How's it work?" the friend asked, squinting at it. "Watch," the drunk replied.

He picked up the mallet, gave it an ear-shattering pound, and stepped back. The three stood looking at one another for a moment.

Suddenly, someone on the other side of the wall screamed, "You moron, it's ten past three in the morning!

If you can manage to stare at the screen for the entire time you're supposed to-the optical illusion is pretty amazing.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Say ....."Cheese"

I lied...........

Upon hearing that her elderly grandfather had just passed away,
Katie went straight to her grandparent's house to visit her
95-year-old grandmother and comfort her. When she asked how her grandfather
had died, her grandmother replied, He had a heart attack while we were
making love on Sunday Morning."

Horrified, Katie told her grandmother that 2 people nearly 100
years old having sex would surely be asking for trouble.

"Oh no, my dear," replied granny. "Many years ago, realizing our
advanced age, we figured out the best time to do it was when the
church bells would start to ring. It was just the right rhythm. Nice
and slow and even...

Nothing too strenuous, simply in on the Ding and out on the Dong."

She paused to wipe away a tear, and continued, "He'd still be alive
If the ice cream truck hadn't come along.

Pug bowling.

It's come to this..........W-I-D-E load......it's all about the HFCS.

Older folks shouldn't drive unless they pass a driver's test every year once they reach a certain age. Maybe they should start at age 84.

I read lots of cycling blogs, I am finally caught up reading them from vacation, sorry for not leaving any comments on any of them-just too many blogs (Something 30 or 40 of them+quite few computer geek sites I read) and not enough time.

I like to leave comments on all the blogs I read from time to time just to make sure the folks writing them know I appreciate what they write. I still need to finish my "links" section from the previous blog meltdown.......there are some really good reads out there and ya'll know who you are:-)

Till later.

No comments: