Tuesday, July 11, 2006

More comics......

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Click to make biggerer.

I guess I better not quit my day job.......you can make your own here.

My buddy Doug had put this link in a comment, thought I'd dig it out and post it up so any local riders might see it and check it out........

I like my iPod, Microsoft is coming out with their own version later this year. Not sure how it will work, but I'd be interested in it if it came with replaceable batteries. My iPod is super easy to use and everything, but not having a replaceable battery is gonna suck when it wears out.

The internet is a series of tubes.....and you thought Ted Stevens was a dumbass.

Check this out. Looks like they had Guitar Hero back in the old days......

Interesting article about watching what your kids do....... Me? I don't worry about our daughter, she's more grown up then I am :-) Our son? He knows I keep tabs on him when he's online and he's okay with it. I'm just glad they didn't have that stuff when I was a kid.

Okay, it's just sugar water, but damn-this is a good ad.

Bush pilot. Who knew?

Adam Carolla made my day when I listened to this clip. I don't know exactly why she annoys me, but listening to her is the same as nails on a chalkboard as far as I'm concerned.

Not sure how I feel about this. Maybe they'll have to pay a living wage to American citizens to pick them. Would that make orange juice more expensive? Yup. I suppose it's a matter of priorities....

Rocky 6. I am so there.

I like this bike design. Of course, they're aren't many bike designs I don't like.

Today's rant.............

Maybe it's because I am getting older but driving around doing errands and stuff, I see so many examples of bad driving-I sometimes wish I had one of those dash mounted cameras to catch some of it.

First thing they should do is ban cell phones totally when you are driving. Doesn't matter if you use a hands free set up or not-most folks aren't capable of driving and talking at the same time.

Hell, most people can't even walk in a straight line and talk on a cell simultaneously.

Don't believe me?

Go to your nearest mall or grocery store and look for the person staring off into space while they're jabbering away on their cell.

I also think we should actually test everyone at least once every 10 years and if you are over 75 years old-once a year. When I say "test" I mean high speed accident avoidance, handling and emergency stopping along with the usual stuff.

I'm not saying Grandma should be able to compete at the Indy 500 or anything but at least older folks should be able to recognize the fact that they aren't sitting in their recliner watching TV-they are sitting in a 4000 pound hunk of metal that actually moves.

I'll get off my soapbox for now...........

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am gonna try this next time I am down at Lake Redman. I want to get some photos of the bald eagle nesting area I saw the last time Daniel and I were fishing.

If you have kids (or even if you don't) this photoset is hilarious. This one is not quite as funny if you had to do the clean up.

I like the idea of this article. There have been a few times where I've ridden my Surly Cross-Check off road. This usually gets a few double takes since it is equipped with fenders and a seatpost rack. I was probably one of the first people around here to go "mountain biking" back in 1975 or so up at Rocky Ridge on my Sears Free Spirit road bike.

The father-in-law in this story could easily be my father-in-law. Easily.

I love practical jokes.

I had the greatest idea for our county parks photo contest later this year. I'm going to take some black and white photographs of the recent logging down at Kain Park and enter the best one. I will post them to my Flickr account when I take them and ya'll can help me pick out the best one.

Till later.

No comments: