Monday, July 31, 2006

Heat wave......

It appears that the oppressive heat we enjoyed last week in Mrytle Beach has followed us home. It's supposed to be 105 degrees later today. And that's not a "dry" heat, that's with our famous Central PA humidity.

I go back to work tonight, I sure hope I don't pass out and deep fry my forehead.............I'm not looking forward to it.

My wife and our daughter had one day at home and then headed out to Pittsburgh for this. Looks like a pretty cool deal, whether you are Catholic or not-it's a good thing when you help folks that need the help.

That just being a good human.

Daniel and I are just gonna be two "wild and crazy" guys this week. Well, not really-I have to work for the next 6 nights straight but he gets to do pretty much whatever he wants to (within reason). We plan to go out for breakfast a few times, eat at my folks for dinner once, maybe eat at the in-laws and order out a few pizzas.

I waited to cut the grass yesterday until mid-afternoon, the hottest part of the day. What a mistake. First off, my 99 dollar Wal-Mart mower vapor locks when it's really hot out-so it stopped 2 or 3 times. Then I was having problems with the string trimmer............I ended up drinking 4 20 oz. bottles of iced tea before it was all said and done. If I was a beer drinker-I woulda been drunk before it was done.

It was a hot one.

I'm not sure why our grass is growing so much, I don't fertilize or water it........I'd be happy if it went dormant with all this heat were having. I like having a nice looking yard but I'm not obsessive over it.

Gotta take the Surly into the shop today to see if I need a new rear wheel from dinging it last week down in Myrtle Beach. Maybe next time I'll pay attention to where I'm riding instead of looking aaround like the tourist I was........

Big Oil. Money talks, bullshit walks. I've never understood the embargo anyways..........

Here's the next big thing after Mentos and Diet Coke.

A picture of a women's breast. Jeez, I think some folks need to get a life. Women have been breast feeding their children since the beginning of time.

Today's science break...........we are truly just a dust speck.

Al Gore. Is he the answer to America's problems? Beats me, I don't agree with everything the guy says but I'd like to see him give it a go in 2008. What's the worse thing that could happen?

Till later.

No comments: