Monday, July 10, 2006

I'm a liar............

Though a series of lies and deception, myself and a couple friends managed to get my dear friend Hank to his surprise 50th Birthday party.

And
he was totally surprised.

We all met at my house for a social ride Sunday afternoon and knowing Hank like I do, he kinda wanted to know where we were riding to.

Not wanting to show our hand too early, my friend Don and I hem-hawed around with a route that would place us in the correct area of York County and the right time for us to duck into Rocky Ridge County Park for us to "use the facilities".

Hank's wife had rented one of the pavilions there and invited friends and family for burgers. Good times for sure, my only problem was that the route we had to take to ride by R.R. placed us at the foot of an damn long 8% grade right at the end of the ride.

I haven't been riding as much this year and I had to back off 1/2 way up the climb when I started seeing pink spots. The fact that I haven't been riding as much makes it no surprise that I was sucking hind teat up the climbs................

I am soooo happy my road bike has a granny gear.

It's all good, I finished the day off with a rousing game of mini golf with our son (I beat him by one stroke) and a bacon cheeseburger from Five Guys.

Till later.

No comments: