Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Good news and bad news

The bad news is that my laptop crapped the bed.

The good news is that everything was backed up, the repairs are covered under warranty and the shipping to the repair center is free also.

It was under a recall for the past couple months but it had to actually break for it to be fixed. Kinda dumb if you ask me, but I still had almost a year for it to break so if it didn't break before time was up....it woulda broke, if you get my drift.

We have 3 other computers, the computer I am typing this on something like 8 or 9 years old and running a version of Ubuntu, I threw some extra RAM in and it's good to go. It's not the fastest machine in the world, but it's faster then the 4 year box we have running XP with 3 times the RAM. Go figure....I guess because the only thing that's on it is XP and Firefox...it's pretty stripped down.

I'm glad I practice what I preach, because I woulda been seriously pissed if I didn't have backups of all my stuff because the tech support people said there is a chance they might have to format the hard drive....back up, back up, back up because it's not if you're going to have a problem, it's when you'll have a problem....

It's only a matter of time until he gets caught.

Whoa....it's 1975 all over again...and again.

Bush makes a surprise visit.

till later.

No comments: