Monday, September 24, 2007

I don't know how to act.......

One thing bad about working retail is........the hours.

Sure, I get paid right at the very top of my pay scale so I can't complain a whole lot, but working 6 nights a week every week gets old after awhile. I took 3 nights off, which equates into 2 half days (the other part of those 2 days is spent sleeping) and 2 entire days off.

What did I do with my time off?

-I fixed a computer

-Went computer shopping for another client

-Got lost looking for sunflowers (funnest activity of the weekend)

-Watched several hours of Discovery Health (that's probably one of the best channels on TV) we watched a program on Siamese twins, one on obesity and one on dwarfism.

-Cleaned my wife's car (discovered that the acorns falling out of our trees left several dents in the hood and roof)

-Screwed around on the internets (I am a total news junkie plus I like finding weird stuff to post here)

-Showed my mom how to make a hyperlink on our church crafts blog. Yeah, go check it out-those ladies create some rockin' crafts, my mom runs the website and takes all the pics.

-Every year my parents take a picture of our kids on their birthday by the front door, so we did that this weekend. I'm not allowed to show you this year's picture of our son-but he grew about 8 inches since last year. He's as tall as me and he's only 14....yikes.

-Tweeked the handlebars around on my Surly, I'm digging the upright position mustache bars provide.

-Slept at night......I miss sleeping when it's dark out, we have a regular insect orchestra in our backyard to fall asleep to.

Ever since my mom retired and got a computer and a digital camera......she's turned into a what most folks would call a "senior citizen nerd"

Me? ....I wouldn't call her that-she ain't that old:-) But she has gotten extremely proficient with her laptop and her digital camera...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is a picture of my parents cat...Molly

My mom treats Molly like a puppy, they go for walks around the yard and she follows my mom everywhere.
______________________________________

I watched this on TV.......I have no idea how he wasn't hurt worse.

I like the part about the 24 hour work week.

Today's science break.......looks like we'll have to do a much better job of getting along with each other.

Today's art break.......check out Doug's pictures, he's pretty darn good. Not sure where he comes up with his ideas, compositions and photo titles-but I love his stuff. I think Doug oughta have seminars on how to compose pictures-I know I'd go.

I know somebody will give me shit for this.......but I think it was a good idea for Columbia University to invite Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to speak. Agree with the dude or not-it's all about critical thinking....something our country is sorely lacking.

Our son is about halfway to saving enough money to buy a Xbox 360, I know this will be the first game he plays on it-because we've had it pre-ordered for a year. I've tried playing Halo 2 with him and he always creams me....I think I'll stick to driving games.

Maybe this guy is gay or maybe he isn't...it's not a big deal to me, but it sure is interesting watching him try to squirm out of a ticket. I guess he shoulda thought about that before he allegedly gave hand signals to an undercover cop under a stall divider.

Mmmmm....chocolate for breakfast.

I think we'll stick to crappy regular TV for awhile.

Stupidity in action.

I told it to take a dump on the sofa but it didn't listen.

My wife says I swear too much on this blog........can't help it this time-this is one bad ass.

I bet you'll watch this more then once.

Here's why I'm such an asshole to smokers when I have to breathe their second hand smoke.

Chuck Norris doesn't blend....more here.

Till later.

No comments: