Thursday, September 13, 2007

No helmet.......

I found out my nephew wasn't wearing a helmet when he got hit by a car the other day. Not the brightest move in my opinion. You can bet I'll be talking to him the next time I see him. I'm not sure it will do any good because as we all know-when you're 20 years old...you are way smarter then old geezers like me. Maybe I oughta let him talk to my friend the ER nurse-he's seen plenty of head wounds caused by bare head hitting bare pavement.

For the last 2 months my wireless hasn't been working on my laptop and I really haven't been able to figure out why it suddenly stopped. Turns out that if you put the wireless switch to "on" instead of "off" .....the wireless works really good.

I'm such a dumbass.

At least I learned a lesson-always start with the simple stuff and work your way up from there. I tend to go all "rocket scientist" when I look at problems.....gotta step away from the trees and see more of the forest.

The York Fair is happening this week. In case you aren't from York County........lots of people like this guy show up to eat fried things on sticks, check out farm equipment and ride rickety overpriced rides. It's a great place to go to do some people watching, my wife and I are going to try and slip out on Sunday-I'll take some pics.
___________________________________

I dunno.......this seems like a good way to get shot by an irate motorist. Most of the traffic already goes about 10 mph over the speed limit where I live, so I'm not really in that much more of a hurry.

None of this really surprises me.

This is kinda sad, but a sawed off shotgun woulda been a helluva lot easier.

I'm guessing he wasn't too hard to identify?

You may or may not agree with all these quotes, but some of them are pretty good.

A couple people have asked me where I find some of the stuff I post about. I'll link up some of my sources over the weekend.....

till later.

No comments: