Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Who'd a thunk it?

Who woulda thought we'd be cranking up the A/C this late in the year? I was out cutting the grass yesterday and I wanted to die.

Then I went to work and damn near passed out when I cleaned our donut fryer. Leave it to me to pick one of the warmest nights of the past month to be leaning over a boiling tank of water and cleaner for an hour scrubbing dirt.

What can I say, I like clean donuts.

Actually I filter our donut shortening a couple times a week and 4 times a year we completely throw everything out and clean our kettle. If you've ever eaten a donut that tasted greasy, it's because the guy in charge of filtering and cleaning the donut fryer is lazy...it's a hot, dirty job.

I worked with a guy that said "Wow, you could eat off of your donut equipment" Ummm....he kinda forgot that indirectly....people do eat off of the donut equipment. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.....

With our weather here in Central PA, it will probably be 35 degrees in a couple weeks and instead of using ice in all my doughs, I'll be using warm water to make them rise faster..
____________________________________

Don't be a dick. Sorta NSFW due to language....

Some copy editor was a little overboard with the creativity.

Spent most of my morning online reading this excellent article.

Stay cool and love your brother....till later.

No comments: