Monday, September 10, 2007

Grandma learns how to use the Internets....

I got my mothers-in-laws laptop all done up for her.....made it pretty simple, all she has to do is click on the Internet Explorer icon once to start it. I configured the browser so her home page is iGoogle with her weather, news, and e-mail just a click away. It's gonna take her a little while till she's comfortable with everything, but I think she's going to enjoy being able to read the news, get weather alerts, etc.

I know I said I wasn't going to complain about the heat at work anymore, but this weekend.....I wasn't felling 100% to start with so I just about died Saturday night at work with the heat from 2 ovens, a donut fryer and a room size humidity box. I made it through about 6 hours and called it a night. I like summer and everything, but some cool weather would be nice....

Also working on one of my brother-in-laws computers. It's about 8 years old and chances are it's fried. I did manage to get all his family pics and documents off the hard drive but the OS (Windows ME) won't even boot now. I'm in the middle of formatting it and reinstalling the OS, but I think it might be time for my brother-in-law to do some computer shopping.
__________________________________

Mmmmm chocolate. That looks like some good stuff.

Someone at Sony must be smoking crack. Maybe they oughta check out what Apple's been doing for the last 5 years or so.

It's always a good idea to back up your data........this guy wished he did.

This internet stuff is cool.

Till later.

No comments: