Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Hey....its only money.

Looks like it's gonna be a 150 dollar fix for my bicycle. On the bright side.......I now have an extra engine and tons of spare parts in case something else breaks.

I can hardly believe it's already August, I just had my bi-monthly doctor vist (I am on some very strong pain killers, the doc wants to keep a close eye on everything) and so far.....I've lost a total of 50 pounds since March 1rst of this year.

My blood pressure is 100 over 60, my sugar was 140 and I forget what my cholesterol numbers where exactly, but they were smack dab in the middle of "normal", there is 2 or 3 different numbers- I forgot which one was what all that matters is that my doc was happy and pretty impressed I lost a shitload of weight.

I do feel tons better, my knees still bother the living shit out of me on some days. Sometimes I have good days and sometimes I have bad days....overall- I can't complain too much.

My wife and I got some really good news, our daughter got a fantastic job offer to be a P.A. in the Allentown/Bethlehem area in internal medicine. She has a fantastic starting salary and a really good vacation/benfits package. She worked her ass off for the past 5 years of school, she went full-time straight through the summers to get her Masters in 5 years.....she deserves everything she has coming her way.

My lovely wife and her are taking a really cool road trip after graduation, they are driving all over the upper midwest and Canada.

After she gets through the next 2 weeks of completely insane coursework and testing....it's all good.

Our son is banking a ton of money so far for school, he is having a really good time in his "gap year", he figures he will be able to save 12 to 14 grand this year. That isn't a ton of money, but it will be a good head start when he starts college in the fall of 2012.

Next post, I hope I will have my bike all put back together again and on the road spinning away......

till later.

No comments: