Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Freeride bikes.........

No, not that kind of "freeride"...........actually ride some new bikes for free. My buddy that runs a bike shop here in York is having a demo day.........

Here is part of the e-mail he sent me...........
********************************************************
Here is the first installment of the Ed’s Ski & Cycle newsletter. Thanks to everyone so far who is making our first year with bikes, a great one. Here are a few reminders for you to further your cycling experience with us.

Mark your calendars for the bicycle demo; Sunday July 24, 2005. This event will be in conjunction with Jamis Bicycles and the York County Parks. The demo will be at the Lake Redman boat launch from 10a-2p. Come out with your riding gear; sans bicycle. If you have clipless pedals, be sure to bring them so we can swap them onto the demo bikes. This day will give you a good idea of the caliber of bicycle that is coming from Jamis. This year has penned Jamis as Bicycle Magazine’s Editor’s choice in the mountain and road segments. The Redman area is prime for this event because of its great trail network system and nice roads. Road and mountain bikes will be there for your leisure.

In celebration of the Tour de France, Ed’s is honoring the sport with a TDF sale. Swing in for special in store savings on hardgoods, softgoods and personal fittings.

Starting next Tuesday the 19th we’ll be having ‘Tech-day Tuesday’. This first clinic will cover the steps involved with maintaining your drivetrain; including, degreasing, cleaning, lubrication and adjusting. If you can make this free clinic, please reply to this email with your intend to attend. The class will start at 7:15pm, feel free to bring your own bike. There will be an extra repair stand if you want to do your rig as we step through ours.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and we hope to see you soon.
********************************************************

Will isn't payin' me to flog his new shop, I just thought I'd help put the word out to any local area riders that wanna try out some new rides. If ya go-try out the Jamis XLT-that's an awesome ride...........and tell him the Donut Guy sent ya:-)

Not to change the subject, but is it hotter then the innermost ring of Hell outside or what?

I just love working when it's this hot out, about 10 minutes after I start-my shirt is pretty much soaked the whole way through. Since I've been in bakeries most of my career-I'm used to it. I don't like it but that's the way it is.............

Today's Test-It-Thursday is the most awesome invention ever........

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
George Foreman's Lean Mean Grill. All the fat drips out the front and all that's left is delicious MEAT. It does a really nice job with chicken breasts too. If you don't eat meat..........I guess you're shit outta luck. Sorry, maybe I'll test out a salad shooter sometime but don't hold your f**king breath.

Another candidate for Mother of the Year. Let her ride in the trunk.

You want weird? This is weird.

At first, I thought this was kinda retarded, but I thought about it and it's actually pretty neat. Folks that are handicapped can go out, wear funny clothes, and drink beers like "normal" people.

My mom bought a new laptop, we started out at Sam's with a really nice HP but through a comedy of errors, we ended up at another store with an even nicer Toshiba. I'm in the middle of updating it and getting it ready for her to use. First thing I did after updating Windows and install a firewall and anti-virus software was remove AOL from it. Some folks consider AOL to be a virus. I tend to agree................

Till later.

2 comments:

Lunatic Biker said...

Wow. I didn't know that they still made the salad shooter. Now I know what to get Mrs for her birthday.

Lunatic Biker said...

Oh yeah, it's awfully freaking hot here too. I feel like a slab of bacon when I go outside.