Monday, July 18, 2005

If I ever................

I enjoy my job for the most part.

Not a whole lot of paperwork, very little supervision and I can be creative. The hours kinda suck but hey, ya can't have everything. I used to be a dept. mgr for my company, but opted out of that position 6 or 7 years ago to take the job I am in now doing most of the on the job training for new bakers.

I just spent 8 hours counting every box, carton and bag of ingredients we have-some of that time is spent in a freezer that is 10 below zero............Not much fun.

Our company makes dept. managers do an inventory every 4 weeks to determine how profitable each department is. A total pain in the ass.

Last night, I told one of my friends that if I ever say I'm going to be a manager again to hit me in the face with a hammer................I hate walking around counting stuff.

First day off since a week ago, I might actually ride one of my bikes later today. I was gonna do a little ride yesterday but the forecast was calling for severe thunderstorms and since I've been nearly been hit by lightning a couple times-I elected to catch up on some TV shows I had taped.

Is TV nowadays geared to someone with an IQ of 70? Man, there is a lot of dumb shit on TV. I've never understood why people will eat hog intestines, goat testicles, etc so they can win some money and be on television. Unless I am guaranteed the big bucks-screw that. I do a fairly good job of being an ass already-just ask anyone that knows me.

I mostly stick to the "Chopper Channel" (Discovery), TLC, PBS, History Channel and ESPN 1 and 2. Lots of other good stuff on as well-just lack the time to fit it all in. Sure wish we had OLN...........I woulda loved seeing George kick some ass on Sunday.

Till later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad!
I saw what you wrote about the new Willy Wonka movie... (I saw it this Saturday)...here's my thoughts. The original will forever and always be my favorite version. But, the new movie followed the book much better than the original. Both do their own thing, and it turns out good for both the old and new. I appreciate that the makers of the new movie did not attempt to just remake the old, too much is different. That said, I think you would enjoy seeing the newer version. :-)

How's my room coming along?

Sascha said...

Yes! TV is geared toward morons. End of story. Although I'm sorry I don't have OLN either and will remedy that next year. I don't even have an antenna for my television. It's only for watching movies really.

And on the other note, I'm really looking forward to Willy Wonka. Gene Wilder will forever be the man I love as Willy Wonka, but anything where Tim Burton/Danny Elfman/Johnny Depp team up is bound to be awesome and I can't imagine a better reinterpreter of one of my favorite books/movies than Tim Burton. He can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.

The Donut Guy said...

Kid, you won't recognize your room when you get back from college in two weeks :-)

We didn't throw anything out(except for dead things) but it will look alot different.........

I heard you have OLN at the university- that's gotta totally rock!!!

Daniel is going to see Willy Wonka on Friday with Grandma M. -if my mom likes it-I will really be surprised.