Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sometimes, people act like sheep. While I have no problem buying a set of tires for my bike that cost as much as car tires........I have a problem with a 42 dollar t-shirt for a baby that's gonna outgrow it in 6 months. I guess it's a matter of priorities.

A George Bush joke.........

George Bush goes to a primary school to talk to the kids to get a little PR.

After his talk he offers question time. One little boy puts up his hand and George asks him his name.

"Stanley," responds the little boy.

"And what is your question, Stanley?"

"I have 4 questions:

First, why did the USA invade Iraq without the support of the UN?

Second, why are you President when Al Gore got more votes?

Third, whatever happened to Osama Bin Laden?"

Fourth, why are we so worried about gay marriage when 50 million Americans don't have health insurance?

Just then, the bell rings for recess. George Bush informs the kiddies that they will continue after recess.When they resume George says, "OK, where were we? Oh, that's right: question time. Who has a question?"Another little boy puts up his hand. George points him out and asks him his name.

"Steve," he responds.

"And what is your question, Steve?"

"Actually, I have 6 questions:

First, why did the USA invade Iraq without the support of the UN?

Second, why are you President when Al Gore got more votes?

Third, whatever happened to Osama Bin Laden?

Fourth, why are we so worried about gay marriage when 50 million Americans don't have health insurance?

Fifth, why did the recess bell go off 20 minutes early?
And sixth, what the hell happened to Stanley?"

Gotta thank my mom for that one.

Ann Coulter ain't one of my favorite people. Let's hope she doesn't breed.

My wife and I were talking about new cars and while I'd love to have a new vehicle-I also like buying toys and assorted bike stuff and to be able to pay for it every month when the bill comes. So I'll be driving my "paid for" minivan until the wheels rust off of it.

Since my lovely wife is a nurse and has to drive quite a bit for her job, I think we'll be getting her a new vehicle sometime in the next year and giving our old one to our daughter to drive. Since she's been driving Subarus for the last 15 years-I'm sure that's what we'll be getting.

Comparing my Chrysler minivan to her Outback..........I wish I woulda bought an Outback when I was shopping for a vehicle. My minivan rattles, shakes and vibrates and her Outback feels like it was carved out of a single piece of steel even after 70,000 miles. At least her car was made here in America.

My van only has 40,000 miles and it will be the last Chrysler I buy no matter what.

Saw the following post on CycleDog's blog.......I think Ed handled it very well. Drivers of commercial vehicles sometimes forget that their companies name is painted on the side. My pop is the safety director for a tire wholesaler that has a fleet of about 25 trucks. They are all equipped with GPS and my dad can pinpoint each one and see how fast they are driving in real time. He observed one driver going over 90 miles an hour. Not sure what happened to that guy but damn.......

Here's a great article about the joys of parenthood. Me? I wouldn't change a thing. We have 2 of the bestest, greatest kids ever. Our daughter is headed off to college in 2 months and our son is already in 8th grade. Time flies.

I almost fell asleep listening.

Which is it? Is he gay or is he blind?

A good ole drunk Irishman joke........

An Irishman is walking along the beach one day, and he sees a bottle laying in the sand.

He picks it up and starts to brush it off, and out pops a genie.

The genie says, "Since you have freed me from the bottle, I will grant you three wishes.

" The Irishman thinks for a moment and says, "I'm feeling a might thirsty, I think I'll be wishing for a pint of stout.

" POOF!

There is a pint of stout in his hand. He drinks it down, and starts to throw the bottle, when the genie says, "I'd look at that bottle again before I threw it if I were you."

So he looks at the bottle, and it is magicaly filling back up with stout. The genie told him, "That is a magic bottle, and it will always fill back up after you finish it."

The genie then asked, "What other two wishes can I grant for you?" The Irishman smiles and looks at the bottle in his hand and says,

"I'll be taking two more of these!"


Indeed.

Today's science break. Maybe some of it's underneath my house.

Till later.

No comments: