Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Back up, back up, back up.....

I was running some errands yesterday (I used my bike) and my bank manager asked me how hard it was to recover data off of a hard drive that crashed.

I asked her what she meant by crashed....she said it made lots of funny sounds before it blue screened. Her daughter dropped the laptop off of a table so things probably aren't looking too good.

She had all kinds of stuff on it that she didn't have backed up...financial records, documents, school stuff. Depending on how valuable the info is, she might have to resort to something like this. I learned that lesson a couple years ago when a software install went haywire and destroyed all my data...

Since I've been driving my parents 2nd car around....I've discovered I really like sunroofs. Their Saturn has a glass sunroof and it's kinda fun to have it open all the time. I think I'm gonna put the cruise control on, climb out the sunroof, sit on the roof and steer with my feet...

......just kidding dad.

I love looking at online catalogs. One of my favorites that's full of useless stuff is this one. They have some cool stuff but just about all of it is overpriced.
______________________________________

A very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walks into Wal-Mart with her two kids in tow, screaming obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

She's dressed in dirty jeans, a greasy T-shirt with holes in it and wearing worn out flip-flops exposing her cracked heels and filthy toenails.

When she yells at the kids, she exposes her yellowed, crooked teeth with more than a few missing.

The Wal-Mart Greeter says, "Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart. Nice children you've got there. Are they twins?"

The woman stops screaming long enough to say,

"Hell no they ain't!The oldest one, he's 9 and the younger one, she's 7. Why the Hell would you think they're twins?

Do you really think they look alike?"

"No," replies the greeter, "But I just find it hard to believe that someone actually had sex with you twice."

I'm not sure what it is about Wal-Mart and loud ill-behaved children, but that's where I see them most of the time. It must be the low prices.

The same thing happened here in our area a few years ago, except the drunk guy got shot dead by the homeowner.

No helmet...at least she doesn't have to worry about brain damage. It's amazing I didn't kill myself growing up....back then bike helmets weren't invented yet. Nowadays, the only place I ride without a helmet is the rail trail....is riding without a helmet on the rail trail dangerous? Maybe a tiny bit, but I love the feeling of the wind blowing against my expansive forehead.

I dig old car commercials.

Fast forward TV...I rarely watch television "real time" I usually tape a bunch of TLC and Discovery Channel stuff and watch whenever I get the time. I call it "Surprise TV" because by the time I get around to watching what I taped, I usually forget what's on each VCR tape.

I wonder who they used for the mold.

Today's history break......color pictures from the early 40's.

Bill Clinton has a great sense of humor. Who knew?

Mmmmm, so that's why she had a headache.

A different take on Disneyworld by James Lileks.

Jerry Falwell passed away....judging from some of these quotes....I'd say he had already lost most of his mind.

The best part of this story is where the thief lives.

Who doesn't love a good pissing contest?

Hey, their political system is just like ours.

This dude definitely knows how to take a joke too far. I'd never do anything like that.

The older I get, the less I like riding in traffic. Maybe it's all the assholes with cell phones or maybe I have less tolerance for stupid drivers.

Probably a little of both.

Till later.

No comments: