Monday, May 07, 2007

I'm having a blast.......

I get to sleep like normal people this week.... although on my first day of vacation, I woke up at 12:30 in the morning. At least I got an early start to the festivities. You wanna know what's on TV at 1 in the morning?

Not much.

I watched a few hours of Texas Hold'em on ESPN. Being a professional poker player doesn't look all that hard but I suppose that if it was easy....everyone would be doing it.

I managed to get a few things done on Monday, got the rats nest of cables under our computer table cleaned up, and I put away all my winter clothing.

I also bought stuff to fix the toilet. I'm not much of a plumber but I think I can tackle replacing the little flapper valve thingamabobber....if you don't hear from me again, that means I filled the house up with water.

Next up is tackling the garage.......

If you are using a wireless router and use WEP for your security settings.....it might be a good time to update your router settings. I can access 6 different wireless networks from my house and all of them use WEP...actually 2 of them are totally unsecured.

Here's a good tip if you use public copier machines.

Here's a dog that likes Indian music.

We need these in America.

I can see how folks get aggravated by technology. I have a couple of clients that are in their mid 70's that not only get bedeviled by their computer from time to time, their cell phones, digital camera and VCR all having confusing interfaces and tiny buttons with barely readable typefaces. To someone like me that is used to most of that stuff, it's not too big a deal, but if you can't read the damn buttons........it can be a little frustrating.

This is today's art break.

My pop is gonna dig this. He's a bigtime Disneyland fan. I'm downloading the MP3 and burning it onto a set of CD's for him....

I love the Cockeyed.com Science Club...this time they test out what if feels like to be "legally drunk".... Me? It's been years since I've consumed more then 3 bottles of beer or the equivalent in wine or mixed drinks. It's like my old man said to me one time...."You don't go to a party and drink a dozen sodas, why drink 12 beers?" Makes sense to me. I get a horrible hangover if I drink more then 2 beers anyways.

79 Percent Of Americans Missing The Point Entirely.

Didn't I say gas was gonna be 4 dollars a gallon soon?

This article will probably kill your appetite for chicken.

This certainly isn't good news if you live in NOLA.

USA is the winner......of the fat race.

I saved the best link for last......all I thought when I saw the pictures of this house is that if it caught fire, it would burn for days.

I'm going to bed, till later.

No comments: