Monday, May 14, 2007

Started over.........

I was still having problems with my laptop freezing up so I decided to format the whole thing. If you aren't familiar with the term "format", that means I erased everything and started over from scratch.

Not too big a deal since I had back-ups of everything, just a pain in the hiney reinstalling all my applications...not sure what was wrong before, but starting over with a fresh copy of Windows really restored the "snap" to my laptop....

Here's a picture of our kids from Saturday's confirmation....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
That's one tall 13 year old. I don't remember what I was like when I was 13, but I'm sure proud of our 13 year old.....and our 19 year old as well.

________________________________________

This is really sad...and we're all to blame.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.....

I finally got myself out on a ride on Sunday....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Of course, I rode my Cross-Check after I gave it a good cleaning...the last time I really gave it a good cleaning was last year after coming back from Myrtle Beach.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Anyone recognize the building in the background?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It's the world famous Shoehouse.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Lots of open fields still left.....for now.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Not many homes like this one left.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Believe it or not, this is 5 minutes from downtown.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This guy has been in the ground for a long time.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
So have most of the other people buried here.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Back to suburbia......I know I live in a fairly nice house, but some of the newer houses going up near us are obscenely large. I guess that size of house works if you have lots of money to pay for it and all the related expenses. I kinda like not being a prisoner to a mortgage...leaves more money for the important things in life....like bicycles. Whatevs, it felt great to get out for a couple hours and spin the cranks.

There's gonna be a lot of trailer trash getting a new number tattooed over their "8"s...I guess I'm sounding a tad harsh but I know some folks that have tons "8" merchandise and I work with a guy with a "3" tattoo that he had turned into an"8" tattoo. Hopefully Dale's new number will have an "8" in it...

110 degrees would be kinda hot....with our famous East coast humidity, it oughta be unbearable.

I think this is a great idea. One or two drinks a day won't kill you, but one or two cigarettes could.

Tim found a great article about wearing your helmet.

Ever wonder what it looks like when you scan your face on the office copier? Wonder no more.

Comcast drops the ball on E911. We have a wired POT here at our house just for that reason. We have enhanced 911, all we have to do is call and our address shows up on the dispatchers screen.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I bought my own plane.

Meat cake.

Grandma has a bigger set then I do. Ain't no way you can make me jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

I don't think these are for me. I'll stick with my regular boxers thankyouverymuch.

This guy is pretty damn smart.

I'm borrowing my parents 2nd car for the summer so our daughter can have the use of my van to go back and forth to work. I forgot how low a regular car sits....SUV's are really hard to see around when you are so low to the ground.....

Till later.

No comments: