Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Being a good little consumer.........

I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy. After looking at the Eee PC laptop from Asus for the last couple months....I bought one.

Not a whole lot of money and I plan to loan it out to my clients (for an additional fee) so they don't have to go without a computer if they really need one while I'm fixing theirs.

I also bought an iPod touch.....just because I think they are way cool. Now that I've bought one-they'll probably come out with a new and improved model in a month. I hate it when Apple does that.

I was off this past weekend, other than re-cabling my son and I's workstation (formerly the dining room table) I totally goofed off. Yeah, I know the words "bike riding" is in the title of the blog, but my damn knees hurt to much to do any riding. I'm not complaining-there are tons of folks out there with way worse problems than sore knees.

Since I have 4 weeks of vacation now, my lovely wife and I are going to take a winter vacation this year. We don't get to spend much quality time together due to our opposing work schedules, so I am totally ready to hang out with my sweetie for a week. Good times for sure.
_____________________________________

Yada, yada, yada......best news as far as I'm concerned? Less then a year to go before he goes, I just hope he doesn't do anything any dumber then he has already.

The Super Bowl is on this weekend.....I had to ask someone who's playing against New England. My wife and I love watching the game for the commercials....the game is okay but not nearly as fun to watch. I guess I'm not much of a stick and ball sports fan.

Fema trailers.........damn, that's some scary stuff because lots of folks live in mobile homes. Maybe that's one of the problems of our government-they seem to be more concerned about who's at fault for screw ups than fixing the screw ups.

22 years ago, I was off sick that day and watched it happen live. Kinda something you never forget.

I had to clean this one up a little bit.....I used the word "weenie"-I hope it's not too offensive....

A five-year-old boy and his grandfather are sitting on the front porch together, when grandpa pulled a beer out of the cooler.

The little boy asked, “Grandpa, can I have a beer?

Grandpa replied “Can your weenie touch your ass?

The little boy answered, “No Grandpa, It’s just a little wiener!”

Grandpa said, Then you’re not man enough to have a beer.

A little later Grandpa lit up a cigar. The little boy asked, “Grandpa, can I have a cigar?”

Once again, Grandpa asked, “Can your weenie touch your ass?” The little boy answered “no,”again.

Grandpa said, “Then your not man enough to have a cigar.” A little later, the boy came out of the house with some cookies and milk. Grandpa asked, “Can I have a cookie?”

The boy asked, “Can your weenie touch your ass?” Grandpa replied, Hell yeah, my weenie can touch my ass!”

The boy replied, Then go **** yourself! Grandma made these for me.”

Snopes.com is pushing adware. I never see it because I use a modified host file...so should you.

Have a flashlight in your kitchen drawer? It's not really a flashlight....THIS is a flashlight.

I like bicycles and all.....but I'm also a pistonhead. Anybody that calls themselves the Nitro Circus Thrillbillies is A-OK with me. I bet those guys have a hard time getting life insurance.

Now I'm no expert, but this guy seems to have some good ideas and lots of folks like him. Whether or not he can get elected and have a chance to implement any of them remains to be seen.

Very cool Pepsi commercial.

till later.

No comments: