Thursday, January 31, 2008

Too much fun.........

I enjoy fixing computers, so I started up a home based business fixing them that's turned out to be fairly successful and I get to buy all kinds of tech toys with the proceeds and write them off as business related expenses.

Is this country great or what?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Our new laptop is sooo cute.

My plan is to lend it out to clients when I am fixing their computers, not too many techs offer something like that around here, hopefully it will pay for itself. It runs a version of Linux and does most everything a Windows computer does but it's quite a bit simpler to run.

I''m also having fun sticking TV shows into my iPod Touch....it's kinda of a pain to encode them properly (hint-use handbrake) but it could be worse. There's also tons of cool video podcasts I'll be able to watch on the go as well. I have about 2500 songs , it all fits with room to spare and it's neat to be able to check e-mail and surf websites on it.

I thought it would be kinda hard to read the text of web sites, but it's actually not too bad, you can magnify sites by "pinching" and "spreading" them with your fingers. hard to explain-easy to do. I wouldn't want to surf on it for a couple hours but for a few minutes at a time-it's just fine. The Google maps and weather are pretty neat as well.

A couple of folks have emailed me about how I like the iTouch so far- overall I really like it with one exception-the keyboard is just a tiny bit to small for my fat fingers. It's usable but I have to type slowly. Other than that-it's pretty much the ultimate iPod.

I finally got around to listening to the Presidents State of the Union address......wow, all I can say is he's an incredibly bad public speaker. I honestly wanted to hear what he said but it was painful to listen to. How the hell did he get elected in the first place?

Like Barack or not....he's one helluva public speaker. Will he win the Democratic nomination? Don't know, but I sure hope she doesn't win.

These two guys? You have got to be kidding me. Mitt just oozes slime and McCain is so damn honest about what he wants to do he's scary. I appreciate his honesty about what he wants to do and where he stands on the issues but he's a touch too conservative for me....being the Libertarian nutjob that I am:-)

Enough about politics.......

Two rednecks are out hunting, and as they’re walking along they come upon a huge hole in the ground. They approach it and are amazed by the size of it.

The first hunter says ” Wow, that’s some hole, I can’t even see the bottom, I wonder how deep it is?” The second hunter says” I don’t know, let’s throw something down and listen and see how long it takes to hit bottom.”


The first hunter says ” There’s this old transmission here, give me a hand and we’ll throw it in and see”. So they pick it up and carry it over, and count one, and two and three, and throw it in the hole.


They are standing there listening and looking over the edge and they hear a rustling in the brush behind em. As they turn around they see a goat come crashing through the brush, run up to the hole with no hesitation, and jump in headfirst.


While they are standing there looking at each other, looking in the hole, and trying to figure out what that was all about, an old farmer walks up. “Say there”, says the farmer, “you fellers didn’t happen to see my goat around here anywhere, did you?”


The first hunter says ” Funny you should ask, but we were just standing here a minute ago and a goat came running out of the bushes doin’ about a hunert miles an hour and jumped headfirst into this hole here!”


And the old farmer said ” Why that’s impossible, I had him chained to a transmission! ”


People are getting tired of paying 5 bucks for a cup of coffee. I like the occasional cup of joe, but I can't tell the difference between convenience store coffee and Starbucks.

If she's lucky......she'll be out of the spotlight for a few weeks-the woman needs help and I hope she gets it.

Drunk drivers ain't the smartest.....thing is, if she gets a decent attorney, she'll be able to get out of the charges easily.....if she's that smart and judging by the video-I don't think she is.

Your shipment of "fail" has arrived.

Think your life sucks? It doesn't. Like my good friend who's an E.R. nurse said....all he has to do is go to work to realize how lucky he is. I totally agree- for the most part, even the poor folks here in America don't have to eat mudpies to fill their bellies.

Whenever I hear people bitch about how bad they have it-I just wanna slap them up side the head.....there's always someone else who has it worse.

Count your blessings folks.

till later.

No comments: