Saturday, May 10, 2008

In the stretch.......

I'm in the middle of a 12 day straight work schedule and my grass is at least a foot long in our backyard.....the only thing that makes it tolerable is that our daughter comes home from her 2nd year of college today.

My wife spends way more time with her than I do, but it's really nice to have the whole family under one roof-even if it's only for a couple of months.

Last night I had one of those rare customers that make me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile instead of killing people with sugar and hydrogenated veg oil.....at about 1 AM last night, an older woman snuck up behind me as I was cleaning the donut case and said in a very loudly "YOUNG MAN-YOU MAKE THE BEST BREAD EVER!!!!

She startled me so badly, I nearly shit myself.

Once I composed myself, we had a nice chat. She is a nurse's aid at the nearby nursing home and was just getting off work. I told her from now on, to stop by and say hi when she's in the store-I usually have her favorite bread done when she comes in.

I'll be able to hook her up with super fresh bread and hopefully she doesn't scare the crap out of me again.

The sooner Hilary goes away the better. Like my mom says....just about all politicians are sleazebags. Some more than others but she's one of the worst in my opinion.....Hilary, not my mom.

Here's the thing about this debate about smoking in our local parks that makes me want to see smoking banned everywhere in public spaces.....smokers leave their cigarette butts all over the place and most smokers are not courteous when it comes to watching where they smoke.

One of those rare times I agree with 43....it has to suck owing more on your house than it is worth, but don't ask me to bail you out.

For as much money as our government has spent on Iraq the past few years....you'd think they could at least build their own crematorium to insure our war dead are treated properly....what's a few million extra gonna matter at this point?

"I must have been crazy"......I'd say that qualifies as the understatement of the century.

What doesn't belong?

This is staggering. I bet America is worse.

Don't click this link.

till later.............you clicked it, didn't you?

No comments: