Friday, July 03, 2009

Time off.......

One of the benefits of staying at one job for a long time is you can get lots of vacation time. I have over 4 weeks and I'll be taking a few days off next week.

On the agenda.....

-Maybe a couple of nice slow bike rides on my new townie bike. I bought it last year and it has less than 10 miles on it.

-Poker with my son next Thursday night...he's way better than I am.

-Fill in all the stone chips on my van and give it a nice wax job.

-Stay up late and sleep in.

-Hang out with my lovely wife. She can only get one day off...our plans are up in the air at the moment.

I had the best client yesterday. Very nice woman who is around 80 or so was having some problems with her computer. I got her all fixed up and last night we spent some time learning how to use Google Picasa.

All I can say is that I like working for spunky senior citizens and almost without exception- if you are over the age of 60 and never used a computer and buy one- you'll have an easier time learning things if you know that if you do manage to screw something up- I can almost always fix it because most folks over the age of 60 have the smarts to stop before they get in over thier head

If you are between 40 and 60...those are the folks that give me lots of business. Sometimes people think they know what they are doing and once and awhile...they screw up their computer so badly I have to format it and start over.

Kinda like when I was a kid and my dad didn't seem very smart and I knew way more then he did.....the older I got-the smarter he got. I'm almost 50 and he's in his early 70's.....he's pretty damn smart right about now.

Funny how that works out sometimes, isn't it?

No comments: