Thursday, October 19, 2006

All I can say is.............

Phew.

I was kinda worried about my cholesterol numbers......they are barely out of the "normal" range and my sugar levels are normal.

Good stuff.

I'm gonna be hitting the gym and cutting back on junk food and we'll see where we're at in 6 months.

My toughest part of the day to get through is between when I get off from work and the time I go to bed in the morning. I love to eat junk food like chips, chocolate and ice cream.

I like to snack and read in bed before I fall asleep. I'm gonna have to buy pretzels and learn to like them and also start eating oatmeal with some fresh fruit in it for breakfast.

You'd think that since I make donuts, pies, pastries, cookies and all kinds of other stuff that is bad for you, I'd have a tough time at work. Nothing could be further from the truth. Last night for dinner (at 1 AM) I had a bagel fresh out of the oven dipped in garlic olive oil. Yum.

The sweet stuff doesn't do anything for me when I'm at work-I guess because of the smell and the fact that I see how much partial hydrogenated veg oil goes into all that stuff.

Hey, I quit smoking, so this oughta be a piece of cake.

Figuratively, I might add..........I just hope my wife doesn't mind pretzel crumbs in bed.

______________________________________________

I was watching the CBS News last night partly because I like Katie Couric and partly because I haven't watched network news for awhile and I wanted to see what they were saying about Iraq.

Anyone with a higher then room temperature IQ knows that things aren't going well over there and watching the news last night confirmed that. American service men and woman are dying at a near record rate.

I know I'm not the most unbiased person out there on this; Katie reports the news in a friendly but professional manner, but I'd like to know what she really thinks about our current administration. She seems to have just a hint of contempt for President Bush.

Not that I blame her. I agree with what Keith Olbermann said last night, I'd love to see 43 tried for war crimes.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
One of these days, the screen on the top of the gerbils cage is gonna give way........

Glossy versus matte..........this is the first laptop I've owned and it has the matte finish. I like it much better then the glossy finish I saw on some of the laptops I saw when I was shopping for this one. I'm just happy my wife let me buy one at all........they ain't cheap.

I don't think I'm an addict, but I am a news junkie.

I want this car. I am such a sucker for that shade of blue. I could care less if it has a V-8, a V-6 or a gerbil wheel for a motor-it just looks cool. I used to have a Ford Tempo, so I know all about style.

Wal-Mart workers get pissed and stage a walk-out. The last thing they wanna do is organize a union, Wal-Mart will just close the store if the employees vote a union in.

School bans tag. No wonder kids are getting obese. It's a wonder I lived through childhood.

Till later.

No comments: